Fluctuations

"Are you sure you'll be alright with both boys and Josh? We can always just take one of them with us."

"Relax Papa, you and dad haven't had a romantic holiday in forever, Marcel and I will be fine now hurry up or you guys will miss your flight." Liam and Louis nodded and thanked Zayn before going over instructions one more time and then kissing Harry and Niall goodbye before leaving. They were going away for five days to France and it was the first time they'd ever be away from the boys for a long period of time. With the boys' specific needs, they were quite anxious about it but Zayn reassured them saying he knew how to care for his brothers.

"Okay boys it's time for breakfast!" Marcel yelled from the kitchen. They all gathered at the table and began grabbing at the sausage, bacon, and pancakes.

"Not so fast bug, I have to test your blood sugar." Zayn said. Niall huffed but allowed Zayn to test it. "Hmm...it's a little high love, you'll have to eat something else for breakfast." Zayn knew Niall would be upset but he didn't expect the reaction he got. Niall burst into full on sobs and threw his plate across the room.

"Niall James!" Marcel warned.

"Fuck you!"

"NIALL!" Zayn boomed, he picked up Niall and took him upstairs and into his and Marcel's room and pulled down his bottoms before spanking him. Liam and Louis had given him permission to do so if needed but he didn't think he'd actually have to. "Niall James Paylinson I never want to hear anything like that come out of your mouth again! And you do NOT throw things no matter angry you are!" Niall just sobbed and eventually Zayn decided he'd learned his lesson.

"M' s-sor-sorry!" Zayn cuddled him in his arms.

"I know bug, it's okay now. I understand that it sucks that you can't always eat what you want but let's get some insulin in you and you can have some cereal and then for lunch you and I will go out for pizza." Niall sniffled, wiping his nose with the back of his hand.

"Just me and you?"

"Yup, just us bug." Niall smiled and nodded, wiping away the rest of his tears and allowing Zayn to carry him back downstairs where Niall apologized to Marcel as well.

A few hours later and the three boys were playing a board game in the family room while Zayn and Marcel sat at the kitchen table just talking. Marcel was the first one to notice Niall walking in looking a bit dazed.

"Bug are you alright?" Marcel asked concernedly. Niall looked in the direction of Marcel's voice but not directly at him as tears poured out of his eyes. Zayn rushed and picked Niall up and placed him on his lap.

"What's wrong baby?" Everything was spinning and it made Niall feel nauseous. He let out a choked sob before scrambling out of Zayn's arms and throwing up on the floor. He swayed and began falling back but Zayn was quick to catch him.

"Shit." Marcel mumbled as he ran to grab Niall's kit coming back seconds later and pricking his finger. "Zayn give him something quick he's way too low!" Zayn rushed to the sweet drawer they had and unwrapped a lollipop and stuck it in Niall's mouth. He held it there seeing as Niall was too weak to latch on. After a few minutes Niall began to weakly suck on the candy as Marcel checked his blood sugar again.

"How is it?"

"Low average, do you want to go ahead and take him out for pizza now? I'll clean up this mess and watch Josh and Harry."

"Okay love. I'll see you in a bit yeah?" Marcel nodded and pecked Zayn's lips. Niall whimpered and let out a small cry.

"Hey what's wrong bug?" Marcel cooed.

"Made a mess" he cried.

"Aw baby it's okay, you weren't feeling well I'll clean it up. Go have fun with Zaynie okay?" Niall sniffled and nodded, he was just feeling really emotional today due to his fluctuating sugar levels. Zayn said bye to Josh and Harry before leaving with Niall to go get pizza just like he promised. He decided not to call his dads knowing they'd overreact and fly straight home. Niall was okay now, he'd tell them when they got back.

Yayy my shitty phone let me update. It was hard though,I had to keep restarting it. Anyway idk who requested that Niall's diabetes acted up again because my phone won't let me see but here you go. Yay for Ziall moments. Next chapter will be mainly Harry centric and should either be up tomorrow or the next day.

QOTC: If you had to live in the setting of a book what book would it be? For me it'd be Coraline because I freaking loved the alternate world with the other mother and shit. I'd probably shit myself but oh well.