Our Son

It was a busy Saturday morning at the Paylinson household. Louis was once again trying to potty train Harry even though he knew it was pretty much a lost cause and Liam was trying to pay all the bills while keeping watch over Niall which was hard because the boy was extremely hyper today.

 "Niall please sit down and watch the telly."

"No!"

"Niall" Liam said with a warning tone in his voice.

"Noooo!" Niall shouted as he ran into the kitchen where Liam was paying bills. Niall was running so fast he accidentally ran into the small table that was in the corner, making it fall and causing the glass on top of it to shatter.

"NIALL JAMES!" Liam ran his hands over his face in frustration. "Go sit in timeout, I'll come get you when I'm ready." Niall teared up but followed Liam's orders and sat in the corner of the family room. Liam sighed and began cleaning up the broken glass. Just as he was almost done the house phone rang so he groaned and answered it.

"Hello." He said grumpily.

"Are you alright Liam?" Jesy asked.

"Just a bit stressed, anyway what's up?"

"Um, I have some news for you and Louis and it's really not going to ease your stress."

"What's going on?" Liam asked, his voice laced with worry.

"It's better for me to tell you in person. Are you busy today?" Liam pushed aside all his bills and paperwork.

"No, please come over."

"I can be there in a half hour." Liam told her that was fine then hung up. He went to the family room.

"Ni go play upstairs in playroom and take Hazza with you." Niall wiped away his tears and hugged Liam.

"M' sorry dada." Liam hugged him back.

"It's okay bug." He kissed his forehead and then walked upstairs with him.

"Haz is busy right now bug." Liam heard Louis say.

"I told him to take him to the playroom, we need to talk Lou." Louis looked at Liam with concern, noticing the urgency in his tone.

"Okay bug take him with you and if anything happens just yell for us yeah?" Niall nodded and waited for Louis to put a nappy back on Harry before taking him to go play.

"What's going on Li? D-did I do something? Are you mad at me?"

"No baby of course not. I'm not quite sure what's going on but Jesy called and said she needed to talk to us and that we wouldn't like it. She'll be here in about ten minutes now." Louis nodded as all these thoughts rushed to his head of things that could be wrong but he was pretty sure that it was something to do with Harry. Maybe the system was trying to throw him in a mental hospital, Louis wouldn't let that happen. Liam was thinking the same thing, as soon as Jesy hung up he had a gut feeling it had something to do with Harry. A knock sounded at their door and Liam got up and opened it, leading Jesy to the kitchen where she sat down across from them. Liam gently rubbed Louis' thigh in a comforting manner as they both looked at Jesy.

"I hate to have to come here with bad news but something has happened recently and I'm going to do everything I can to ensure that Niall stays with you guys." Louis and Liam were both taken aback.

"N-Niall?" Louis stuttered out, he was sure this was about Harry, what was happening with Niall? Jesy sighed and pulled a few files out of her bag.