Daniel

"Papa where Ni Ni?! I want Ni Ni!" Harry screamed. They had just gotten home from dropping Niall off and for the ENTIRE ride Harry asked where Niall was.

"Harry baby, I told you that he stayed at the camp and he'll be home in a week." Louis said while rubbing his temples, all of Harry's screaming for the past five hours was giving him a headache. Harry was not happy with that answer and he threw himself on the floor of the kitchen kicking and screaming.

"WANT NI NI NOW!"

"Honey Ni isn't here. Do you want to come play a game with me?" Liam offered.

"NO! WAN' NI!" he sobbed. Liam turned to Louis who looked on the verge of a breakdown himself and gently pressed a kiss to his lips.

"Take some Tylenol then go take a nap okay love? I'll watch Hazza."

"Are you sure?" Liam nodded and Louis listened to him after pecking his lips one more time. Liam picked up Harry who was thrashing around.

"Hate you dada! Wan' Ni Ni!" Liam knew Harry didn't mean it but it still hurt to hear. An hour later and Liam was at his wits end. He did the only thing left he could think of. He went into the kitchen and made a warm bottle of milk before going back into the family room and picking Harry up again, cradling him. Harry tried to fight against him but once Liam placed the bottle in between his lips he calmed down and began suckling from it. Harry brought one hand up to tangle into his own curls as he slowly began falling asleep. Once Liam was sure Harry was asleep he removed the bottle and replaced it with a dummy. Normally they wouldn't give Harry a bottle or a dummy but Liam was out of options and he was exhausted. He laid Harry down in his cot and turned the baby monitor on before going to lay down with Louis.

"Hey Li." Louis said, cuddling into Liam's chest as he laid down.

"Hey boo, I thought you'd be asleep by now." Liam replied as he wrapped his arms around his small husband.

"Couldn't sleep without you here." he said with a yawn.

"Well I'm here now love, get some sleep." Louis was already asleep before Liam even finished his sentence.

Back at camp Niall had just entered his cabin to see Daniel laying down just staring at the ceiling. He went over and sat next to him.

"Hey"

"Hi...um why aren't you playing with the other kids?"

"I wanted to spend time with you, I don't want you to be lonely."

"I'm boring though, I can't do anything."

"You can talk, I don't think this is boring." Daniel smiled up at Niall. "So tell me about yourself, I don't really know anyone at this camp."

"Well as you already know I'm Daniel. I've been coming to this camp since I was 4 even though this camp starts at age 7. I've always been the only one with cancer here because it requires too much medical attention. I'm only allowed here obviously because Joey is my dad. It kinda sucks not having any other kids here going through the same thing as me because I usually end up alone in the cabin seeing as they have more energy than me. I was diagnosed when I was three and I was in remission for a year when I was 5 but it came back again. My doctors are hopeful that I'll get better though." Niall hugged him.

"I'm sure they're right." Daniel smiled at him.

"How about you? What's your story?"

"I just got diagnosed with diabetes earlier this year when I was still 6. It came out of nowhere, one day I was fine the next I wasn't. It's kinda hard being different but I realize now I shouldn't complain, some people have it worse. I have two daddies and two big brothers, kinda. Harry is 10 but he's little. He's different from other kids too but my papa told me that his illness is in his head not his body like mine is. I don't understand really but they have to pay more attention to him sometimes. I also have a boyfriend named Connor, he's nice and cute and we kiss sometimes." Niall said with a giggle. Daniel and Niall talked for another two hours about anything and everything and for those two hours they forgot that they were sick. They were just two kids having fun. Their conversation was interrupted by a knock on the door followed by Joey entering seconds later.

"Hey boys, I hate to interrupt but it's dinner time."

"Okay daddy." Joey picked Daniel up and have him a kiss on the forehead before slightly frowning.

"You're running a bit of a fever baby, I think it's best if you stay here and eat your dinner in bed. I'll bring it to you along with some cold cloths to cool you down. It's also time for another round of chemo love." Daniel sighed but nodded, he wished he could go be with the other kids but it wasn't like he wasn't used to being alone.

"Um U-Uncle Joey? Can I eat here with Daniel? I don't want him to be alone." Joey smiled gratefully at Niall.

"Of course hun, I'll be right back with both of your meals." Joey returned within three minutes and gave them both their food before applying the cloths to Daniel's forehead and inserting the IVs and lines into Daniel's arm. "I have to go check on the other kids but I'll be back in a little bit. If anything happens come get me." They both nodded and began to eat their food as Joey kissed Daniel's forehead once more then left the cabin. Halfway through the meal, the affect of the chemo began to hit Daniel and he put his food down on the bed next to him.

"Are you okay?" Daniel's face paled and he began coughing. He gagged and threw up all over the bed before coughing and throwing up again. Niall's eyes widened and he ran out the door, coming back with Joey just minutes later.

"Daddy!" Daniel cried out in between rounds of sick.

"Oh..baby it's okay." Joey cooed as he took the needles out of Daniel and pulled him into his lap.

"Will he be alright?"

"Yeah, this is just an effect of the chemo." Joey undressed Daniel and cleaned him up before putting new clothes on him. He stripped the sheets and replaced them with clean ones.

"Baby do you still feel like you're going to be sick?" Daniel shook his head. "Do you want to finish your dinner then?" He shook his head again.

"Jus' wanna lay down."

"Okay baby." Joey tucked him in and kissed his cheek.

"I love you daddy."

" I love you too babe." Joey left to take the dirty sheets and clothes to be washed. Niall still didn't want Daniel to be alone so he crawled into his bed with him and cuddled him as they both slowly fell asleep.

QOTC: What do you want to see next?