Make Me Feel Better

Marcel had come down with mild pneumonia so he had been in bed the past few days. Zayn had taken him in to the ER but they told him it wasn't life-threatening and sent him home with some antibiotics. They were really strong so he could only take one within a twenty four hour period until the infection cleared up.

"Babe are you sure you'll be okay here alone with Josh? I can just call in to work and tell them I can't go, it'll be fine I mean the boss is my dad."

"Zayn I'll be fine, it's just a nasty cough now. I feel okay. Now hurry up and get to work." He said before kissing him on the cheek. Zayn did the same before leaving the house. It was 8am and Josh typically woke up around 8:30 so Marcel had a bit of time and decided to start breakfast. He was finishing the last bit of bacon when his cough hit him hard. He turned off the stove and coughed violently into his arm, the force of it making him a bit dizzy. When he was finally done he opened the medicine cabinet and grabbed the bottle of antibiotics. Just as he popped the pill in his mouth Josh came skipping into the kitchen.

"Mornin' dada, what are those for?" He asked, referring to the pills.

"They're to make me feel better. Now sit down and eat your breakfast okay baby?" Josh nodded and ate his breakfast as he told Marcel all about his dream.

"....and then Leeroy destroyed the big monster cause he's my hero!" Marcel just smiled as he ate his breakfast as well. He and Zayn were quite aware of the little crush Josh had on Leeroy, they thought it was pretty cute.

"Really?" He asked, acting interested.

"Yup. Then I gave him a kissy right on the lips."

"You did? Well that's lovely Josh." Marcel knew that little kid relationships were innocent so he wouldn't worry quite yet. Even when Josh was older he wouldn't be as protective as Louis was with Zayn, he still remembered how he had spied on their first date.They finished their breakfast and Marcel put the dishes in the sink for later.

"Do you want to play video games in mine and papa's room while I take a quick shower?" Josh nodded eagerly, it was rare that he was allowed to play video games since his dads highly encouraged exercise and being outdoors. Marcel led them upstairs and set up the Mario kart game for Josh.

"Stay in this room. Don't leave."

"Okay dada." Josh said, already captivated by the game. Marcel went into the loo and shut the door as he got undressed and stepped into the warm shower.Josh was super into the game when a green turtle shell came flying at him. He turned the controller harshly to avoid it but one of his hands slipped and the controller flew up and hit him in the forehead. It really hurt and he teared up a little as he rubbed the now forming bump on his head. He wanted the pain to go away. He remembered the pill his dada had taken earlier that he said made him feel better. The only problem was his dada had told him not to leave the room. He looked over at the shut loo door and heard the shower running and his dada singing so he decided he had enough time to go get the pills and come back and his dada would never notice. He paused his game and quietly snuck out of the room and ran downstairs. He tried to reach the medicine cabinet but it was too high up so he grabbed a chair put it next to the counter and stood on it. He opened up the cabinet and spotted the pills right away. He grabbed them and closed the cabinet, stepping off the chair and putting the chair back. He opened up the bottle with a little bit of difficulty and dumped all of them into his hand. He figured if one pill made his dada feel better than all of the pills would make him feel great. He put them all in his mouth a drank some water, struggling to swallow them all but eventually he did it. He started walking upstairs with the pill bottle still in his hand when all of a sudden he started to feel weird. His hands and feet started tingling and he felt his mouth go slack. His face became numb and all of a sudden he felt very dizzy. He took another step towards the stairs...or at least he thought he did, he couldn't feel anything. He started to get really scared. He reached out to grab the banister and the last thing he saw was the ground coming closer as everything went black. Marcel pulled on some briefs and sweats and wrapped a towel around his hair as he exited the loo. He saw the game was paused and that Josh wasn't in the room. He groaned, frustrated that Josh didn't listen and realized he had to put him in time out now.