Step Up

"Babe are you sure you'll be alright with both boys? You don't want me to take one of them?" Louis had agreed to watch over Josh and do his daily exercises with him while Zayn and Marcel oversaw the reconstruction in their house to make things easier for Josh. Josh wouldn't be in a wheelchair forever but he would be for awhile and they noticed how he hated not being able to be independent so they decided to do some renovations. They were having a lift installed next to the stairs so he could get up and down by himself. They were also widening the doorways and having ramps put in as needed.

"Love I'll be alright, I know how to handle my sons." Louis just nodded and pecked Liam's lips softly muttering an "I love you" before turning to Harry who was teary eyed in Liam's arms.

"Papa why you leavin? You come back?" Harry was having an issue with being extremely clingy towards Louis lately and he wanted him getting used to Liam again as well as other people so that's why Louis had decided to watch Josh instead of Liam.

"I have to go help your cousin Josh baby. I promise I'll be back love." Harry just silently cried and Louis knew he had to leave before he gave in and took Harry with him.

"Bye bug." He said kissing his youngest son's forehead.

"Bye Papa." Niall said, not paying much attention since he was watching Thomas the Train on the telly. Louis left and Liam walked into the family room with Harry still vrying on his hip.

"Come on bug let's go check your blood sugar." Niall whined.

"But dadaaaa I'm watching Thomas."

"Niall James... 1...2.." Niall got up quickly, running to the kitchen and sitting down. He knew if his dada counted to three and he didn't listen then he'd be in big trouble. Liam sat down placing Harry in his lap and setting up Niall's Accu-check meter. "Which finger are you going to use this time?" Niall held out his right thumb, in his opinion it hurt the least out of all of them. Liam swabbed his finger with an alcohol pad and placed the needle onto his thumb and pressing the button, causing the needle to shoot out and prick Niall's thumb as he winced. Liam squeezed a little bit of blood out and brought it onto the test strip.

"80, you're a little low bug, do you want yogurt or peaches? I don't want you eating too much since lunch is in an hour."

"Yogurt please" Liam nodded and stood up with Harry to get Niall's yogurt. Niall finished it and Liam carried Harry up to his and Louis' room as Niall followed.

"You two can watch the telly for right now yeah? Dada's going to work out for a bit then I'll make lunch." Niall nodded and Harry whimpered and let out a soft, delicate cry as Liam put him down but he was okay when he saw Sofia the First playing on the telly, it was his current favourite show. Niall surprisingly enjoyed it as well.

Liam changed into sweats and took his shirt off before starting with the treadmill. He ran 3.2km and wiped the sweat off his face taking a water break before he started his next exercise. He looked over at the boys to check if they were okay and saw that they were still engrossed in the telly so he moved on to his weightlifting station. He decided to try to use a heavier weight then normal and go with a 136kg one. The most he had ever done was 102 so he was really pushing it but he had been drinking a lot of protein shakes lately and felt pretty good. He lifted it with ease and did a few reps. About 100 reps in he was getting extremely tired but he wanted to do 150 so he pushed himself. He was on 136 when it happened. His shoulder snapped and the weight fell on his right arm, crushing it. He screamed out in pain, startling both Niall and Harry who jumped. They had never seen their dada cry before but here he was yelling and crying and this scared the two boys, they didn't know what to do. Liam was finally able to push the weight off his arm then he immediately passed out from the excruciating pain. Niall and Harry were sobbing and trying wake him up but it wasn't working. Harry held Niall and ran his hands through his hair like he'd seen his dads do to calm him even though Harry himself was sobbing as well.

"Ni Ni no cry. Hazzy is here." all of a sudden Harry got an idea and he handed Niall his stuffed bunny before running out of the room and going to Liam's office where there was a phone he used for business. Harry quickly picked it up and called one of the three numbers he had memorized.

"Hello? Babe?"

"Papa come home!" Harry sobbed.

"No baby, I can't yet. You're okay with dada and Ni Ni for right now, I promise I'll be home later."

"No Papa! Come home now! Dada hurt!"

"Harry Edward, you know lying is bad, I'll be home later. Papa has to go now but I'll be home later." Harry was frustrated so he began sobbing harder.

"NO PAPA! DADA HURT! ARM REALLY HURT! NO WAKE UP!" He shouted. Louis knew Harry couldn't make up a complex story like that so he began to get worried.

"Okay Hazza, I'm coming. Go with Ni Ni and neither of you touch dada"

"Kay papa." Harry hung up and did as asked.

"Zayn I'm so sorry but Harry called and Liam apparently got hurt and passed out, I need to go see what's going on." Louis rushed out frantically as he quickly grabbed his stuff.

"Fuck, ok um I'll go with you to watch the kids so you can take him to hospital." Louis nodded and Zayn ran to inform Marcel who just told him to hurry and get to Liam as he went to get Josh.

Louis and Zayn almost threw up at the sight they walked. Liam was passed out on his workout bench with his shoulder completely out of his socket and his arm twisted a weird way with bones poking at the surface of the skin while Harry and Niall cowered in the corner sobbing and looking away from Liam. Louis and Zayn carefully carried him out to the car and laid him in the back seat before Louis drove off and Zayn rushed back into the house to console his two terrified and sobbing brothers.

"Is dada gonna die?" Niall sobbed. Zayn picked both of the boys up and placed them on his lap as he sat down on the couch.

"No bug,he just needs to get his arm fixed."

"Promise?" Harry asked weakly.

"I promise love." Both boys eventually cried themselves to sleep in their older brother's arms and Zayn carried them up to their room placing Niall in his bed and quickly changing Harry's nappy before putting him in his crib with a dummy in his mouth. He went back downstairs and called Louis.

"How's everything going Papa?"

"Okay, he's awake now, he passed out from the pain so they gave him painkillers. His shoulder was dislocated but they've popped it back in. His arm is also broken in 18 different places so he's going to be in a full arm cast for about 6 months. We'll be home in about two hours, how are the boys?"

"They were terrified but they eventually cried themselves to sleep and now they're in their room." Louis felt bad that his babies had to witness all this.

"Thanks for watching the boys Zee."

"Anytime papa, I'm just glad that dad is going to be okay considering how vile it looked, I was afraid they'd have to amputate."

"I'm thankful too, he's coming out of the loopy state from the painkillers a little bit now, I'll see you in a bit okay Zee?"

"Okay papa." he said as he hung up and then called Marcel to fill him in.

Two hours later and Louis walked in holding Liam's left hand as he guided him into the house and to the couch, careful not to bump his injured arm into anything. Even though he had a cast it was still extremely sore. The next morning Liam and Louis praised Harry for stepping up and being a little hero for calling Louis and comforting Niall. Both Harry and Niall were intrigued by their dada's cast and less than an hour after breakfast Liam's cast had turned into an art exhibit.

Okay so thank you to Alygleeson_ for that prompt :) Hope you liked it. Leave more prompts down below. :) Also I'll update Sick and Hurt later. I know I neglected that story a bit yesterday so I'll do two prompts for it today to make it up.

QOTC: Dan or Phil? I know I'm evil for asking that question ;P.