Kids Like Me

"Alright Niall let's go get you settled in and you can meet your bunk mates. " Joey said with a smile on his face. Niall nodded but his excited-ness was beginning to wear off, it was just hitting him that he was here in a place where he didn't know anybody and he was far away from his daddies. He didn't know if he wanted to be here anymore and he couldn't help but let a tear fall from his eyes. Before he could stop it, more tears were falling and he began full on sobbing causing Joey to stop walking. He kneeled down in front of Niall and grabbed his hands gently. "Hey what's wrong hun? Why are you crying?"

 "I w-want my dada and p-papa!" Joey's heart broke. Niall was in the youngest age group that they accepted at the camp so he knew how scary it must be for him. He pulled Niall into a hug and rubbed his back as the little boy sobbed into his shoulder. After about ten minutes Niall finally calmed down.

 "Are you okay love? Do you want to go meet your bunk mates now?" Niall nodded and let Joey hold his hand as they made their way over to the cabins. "This is Cabin 28 where you'll be staying, there's 4 other kids in here with you." Joey opened the door and guided Niall inside where there were two boys and two girls of various age ranges setting up their beds. Niall put his stuff on the remaining bed then just sat on it, not knowing what to do. "Guys this is Niall, it's his first time here so help him get comfortable seeing as you all have been here before."

 "Okay Uncle Joey." they chorused except for one of the boys. Niall looked at Joey with a confused expression.

 "All the kids who come here every year call me Uncle Joey, feel free to call me that as well if you want to." Niall just nodded then watched as Joey left.

 "Hi I'm Lauren. I'm 10 and I have epilepsy. It means I get seizures." A girl with green eyes and long black hair said. Niall knew what seizures were, he'd had a few when his sugar levels got out of control and he'd hate to have epilepsy where he'd have them all the time. The other girl came up to him next, she had long dark hair and brown eyes.

 "I'm Camila. I'm 8 and I have Hemophilia, it means I bleed really easy and it won't stop so I have to be really careful not to get hurt."

 One of the boys started speaking next. "I'm Shawn, I'm 9 and I have a bad heart, I can't do a lot of physical activity because it's too hard for my heart to pump blood and I might pass out."
 The last boy spoke, he was extremely small and thin. "I'm Daniel I'm 10 and I have Leukemia. Joey is my dad." That explained why he was the only one who didn't call him Uncle Joey. Niall couldn't believe he was 10, he was smaller than Harry and Harry was extremely small for a 10 year old.

 "M' Niall, I'm 7 and I have diabetes." They all talked for awhile and got to know each other until they heard the lunch bell ring. They all gathered inside the dining area and got their food. Niall had to go in a separate line to get his meal and to check his blood sugar but when he sat down with his bunk mates he was happy to see that they had the same meal, his was just made with less sugar. After they ate it was recreation time. Niall had to take his insulin first but as soon as he was done he quickly made his way over to the footie field and joined the game. Halfway through he looked at the sidelines and saw Shawn and Camila sitting and talking. He also saw them look at the field with longing in their eyes and he felt bad they couldn't play so he left the field and grabbed and extra football before heading over to them.

 "Hey, um, we can pass the ball if you want."

 "Thank you but it's okay, I know you'd rather play real footie." Shawn said sadly.

 "Nah, I play at home all the time, I'm kinda bored of it. I'd rather play with you guys." He smiled as both of their eyes lit up and walked over to an empty space with them and gently passed the ball to Camila who then passed it to Shawn. They played for about an hour while talking and giggling until Shawn slumped down into the grass clutching his chest.

 "SHAWN! I'm sorry! I-I thought this would be okay!" Niall cried as tears began falling from his eyes.

 "Niall..it's...okay. Get...Joey." he wheezed out. Niall ran and got Joey who quickly picked Shawn up and carried him to the doctor on site before coming back over to Niall as Camila was trying to comfort him.

 "Thank you Mila, the arts and crafts area is open now if you want to go over there. I just want to talk to Ni for a bit."

 "Okay Uncle Joey." she said as she walked off towards the arts and crafts area. Niall looked at Joey and broke down into sobs again. He didn't realize how sick some of these kids are, he thought they'd all be like him, take some medicine and it'd all be okay but it didn't always work that way. Some were like him but a lot were way worse off and it made him thankful for the life he had.

 "I-I'm s-sorry! I-I didn't m-mean to!" Joey scooped the boy into his arms.

 "Hey it's alright hun, I know you didn't. Shawn will be okay, this has happened before."

 "A-are you s-sure?" Joey nodded his head.

 "I promise. Now do you want to go play footie with the other kids?" Niall shook his head.

 "W-where's Daniel?"

 "He's resting in the cabin love. He gets tired really easily. The walk from the cabin to the dining hall was a lot for him."

 "C-can I go talk to him?" Joey smiled.

 "Of course. I think he'd appreciate that." Niall hugged Joey then began walking back towards the cabin.

 Okay so that's a little bit of Niall's experience at camp. Idk if I'm going to continue his camp experience or if I'm just going to skip back to when he goes home. It's up to you guys and what you want.

 QOTC: How long was your longest relationship?

Also idk when I can update again. My phone won't stay on longer than five minutes at a time so this chapter took FOREVER to get out. I just wanted to give you guys a warning. I'll try as hard as I can to still update.