False (Hope)

Louis stood outside of Niall's bedroom for a good five minutes before he even opened the door. He was panicking on the inside he didn't know how to break the news to his seven-year-old that his best mate was going to die. When he finally entered the room he thought I was still sleeping so he carefully walked over to his side and gently shook him. Niall woke up and slowly opened his eyes.

" Papa let me sleep M' tired." He mumbled. Louis cooed at how adorable Niall looked but then he remembered the reason he had woken him up and the smile was wiped off his face.

" no bug, we have to talk... It's about Daniel." At the sound of his best mate's name Niall fully woke up and gave his full attention to his father.

" is he coming?! over can I see him?!" He asked excitedly.

" you are going to see him but he's not coming over babe. He's very sick and he's back in hospital so we're going to go visit him." Louis' heart dropped when he saw the look on Niall's face. He quickly picked him up as he started to cry.

" is he going to be okay Papa? he has to be okay, he's my best mate, I need him." Niall cried. Louis took one look at him and knew he didn't have the heart to tell him that this was it and Daniel wasn't going to make it. He knew what he was about to do was wrong but he didn't see any other option. he couldn't tell Niall, he just couldn't.

" he'll be fine love and once he's better he can come over all the time so you guys can play." He watched as Niall's eyes lit up and he couldn't help but feel extremely guilty about this false hope he was giving his son but he just couldn't tell him the truth.

" okay Papa let's go see Daniel now." Louie nodded and carried Niall and Harry out to the car and got them in before driving away. Once they had arrived Louis saw he had a text from Liam saying that he was on his way as well. They walked up to the check-in desk and got Daniel's room number. When they got to the room Louis decided just to wait outside until Liam got there, he needed his husband right now. 10 minutes later Liam came running down the corridor.

" I got here as soon as I could, is everything alright?" Louis looked at Niall and Harry and gave them a look that said to stay where they were for leading Liam down the corridor a little bit, out of earshot.

" not exactly... I haven't told Niall the truth. He asked me if Daniel was going to be okay and I just couldn't break the news to him so I told him he'd be fine. I told him that when Daniel got out of here he can come over to the house all the time and they could play. I didn't mean to lie to him but I just didn't have the heart to tell him that Daniel wasn't going to make it. That's his best friend, someone who really understands him, how was I supposed to tell our seven-year-old that his best mate is going to die?" Louis said as he broke down into his husband's arms. Liam quickly engulfed him in a hug and rubbed his back.

" oh Lou, it'll be okay I'll talk to him. I just wish you didn't give him false hope but it's okay." Liam said as he tried to console his husband. After a few minutes they decided to go into Daniel's room and that Liam would explain what was going on to Niall later.

When they went into the room Louis immediately went to console Joey, who was crying while standing next to Daniel's bed. Liam took one look at Daniel and had to fight back tears and self. Daniel was completely bald, extremely thin, and as pale as the sheet. it looked as if he had already passed away, the only indication that he was still alive was the steady beat of the heart monitor. Niall went up to Daniel and grabbed his hand, kissing it softly.

" it'll be okay Danny soon you'll get out of here and then you can come over to my house anytime you want so we can play." Louis and Joey just sobbed harder and even Liam let a few tears slip out. He decided that now was the time to talk to Niall so he handed Harry over to Louis and gently led Niall out into the corridor.

"Dada why is everybody crying, Daniel is going to be okay, Papa said so." Liam took a deep breath.

"Bug.... Papa felt bad and he didn't want to tell you the truth but you need to know. Honey....Daniel... He's not coming out of hospital this time."

"He's going to live here?" Niall asked, confused. Liam just shook his head sympathetically.

"No bug, he's not going to make it. I'm so sorry baby, we're here to say goodbye." Tears welled up in Niall's eyes and he continuously shook his head as he slowly backed away from Liam. "Bug, come here. Come to dada love." Niall just continued to back away.

"N-no! He's going to be okay, HE HAS TO BE OKAY!" He yelled as he ran down the corridor. Just as Liam was about to run after him, Louis came out of Daniel's room with tears streaming down his face. It was only then did Liam notice all the doctors standing in Daniel's room.

"Li..." He cried out. "T-that's it, he's gone!" Niall had hidden around the corner but as soon as he heard those words he took off running again and didn't stop. He didn't know where he was going and he didn't care.

I'm evil af. Love you guys <3

QOTC: What's your favourite memory with your best mate?