Hiking Mishap

Over the next few days Niall became close with all of his bunk mates but he had formed an unbreakable bond with Daniel. They did everything together. If Daniel wasn't feeling well enough to go play then Niall would stay in the cabin with him. If Niall's blood sugar was too high and he couldn't have dessert then Daniel wouldn't eat his either so Niall wouldn't feel left out.

"Mornin Danny, how do you feel?" Niall asked as he sat up and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes.

"I feel pretty good today, wanna go for a walk?"

"Sure." Niall got out of his bunk, well Daniel's, they had begun sharing a bed. He went to the toilet then came back and got dressed for the day along with Daniel. They went to the dining hall and ate breakfast but Niall wasn't that hungry so he only ate half of his. After they ate they went to the hiking trail and started on their way.

"Aren't we supposed to tell your dad or one of the other counselors if we're going hiking?"

"Nah, we'll be fine." Daniel reassured. They walked to the end of the trail then turned around to come back but then Niall stopped.

"Let's go through there!" he yelled pointing to the forrest.

"I don't think we should Ni...I've never gone off the trail before." Niall grabbed his hand and pulled him into the forrest anyway. They walked for about twenty minutes just enjoying the scenery and talking about random things like footie and their families. A couple minutes later Niall started to feel a bit light headed and he knew his blood sugar was starting to drop considering he didn't even eat all of his breakfast.

"Hey m' starting to feel a little low maybe we should head back." Daniel nodded but when they turned back around they realized they didn't know which way to go to get back.

"Uhh... Let's just try this way." Daniel said as he grabbed Niall's hand and led him off in a random direction. Another twenty minutes later and they realized they were deeper in the forrest and even more lost than before. "Ok um, we'll try another way." Daniel said but Niall just slumped down onto the dirt and put his head in his hands.

"I-I c-can't." he said shakily. Daniel started to internally panic at this point, he knew he was way too weak to carry Niall back especially since he didn't even know where to go. He looked around trying to figure it out then looked back down at Niall just in time to see his eyes roll to the back of his head.

"NIALL! Ni please wake up!" he yelled as he shook the unconscious boy but nothing helped. Daniel was in tears now. He then remembered he had a candy in his pocket, it wasn't much but it would help a little bit. He quickly unwrapped it and put it in Niall's mouth before running off in a random direction hoping that he'd find his way back. Luckily he went the right way and fifteen minutes later he'd arrived back at the camp. He ran into his dad's office and tried his best to catch his breath.

"Daniel are you alright love? What's wrong?!" Joey exclaimed as he rushed over to inspect his son.

"Dad it's not me, it's Niall! We went into the forrest and got lost and his blood sugar dropped and he passed out!"

"Danny you know you're not supposed to go on there! We'll talk about this later! You go to the cabin." Daniel silently obeyed and Joey ran to get one of the doctors and Niall's medical equipment before running off towards the forrest. Luckily they happened to go the right way and found him after about ten minutes. The doctor quickly checked his sugar levels and injected him with sugar water until he came to. He looked at Joey and started crying.

"M' s-sorry! S' n-not Danny's f-fault, it was m-my idea." Joey just picked him up and held him.

"It's okay Ni, I'm just glad you're okay. Let's go back to the camp yeah?" Niall nodded and rubbed his nose on his shirt.

"Is Daniel okay?"

"Yeah he's fine love, he's just worried about you." Joey said before thanking the doctor and carrying Niall back to the camp. By the time they got back Niall was asleep so Joey just tucked him into bed next to Daniel who had fallen asleep as well before leaving the cabin to go call Liam and Louis to inform them of what happened.

Again sorry for not updating for forever but I finally got a phone again so yay! :D

QOTC: What song would you want to hear the boys cover? Tbh I'd want to hear them cover Pillow Talk <3