Jealousy

Three long days passed by and the boys finally got to go back to school. They were happy about that seeing as their three days at home were spent doing chores as punishment with no telly or video games. Niall had been in a bad mood the past few days because of the suspension and on top of that he was having a hard time controlling his sugar levels. No matter how much he monitored it and changed his daily schedule, it was still high. As a result of that he was eating less and taking more insulin shots which he was not happy about. He got out of the car only grumbling in response to Louis' "Have a good day bug!" He was hungry, exhausted, and frustrated. He also didn't feel like apologizing to Connor today so he decided he wasn't going to.

"Ni!" Niall faked a smile for his cousin.

"Hi Josh."

"I already apologized to Connor and we're friends now, he's going to sit with us at lunch." Niall's smile dropped. It was always just him, Josh, and Leeroy at lunch. He didn't like Connor, in his eyes he had gotten him in trouble even though Niall knew it was his fault, he just didn't want to take the blame.

"Whatever, I'm busy at lunch. I have to see Headmaster Higgins." Niall lied. Josh frowned slightly but nodded.

"Did you apologize yet?"

"No and m' not gonna. It's over with he should stop being a baby and forget about it! I don't know why you're such a little bitch and always listen to everything your dada and papa say" Niall snapped. Josh just slowly backed away leaving Niall all alone.

Lunch came around and Niall was starving. He pulled out his meter and pricked his finger wincing a little bit, it'd been about four months since his diagnosis but it still hurt. Whenever he did it at home he cried and would have to be cuddled by one of his dads but at school he toughed it out and didn't even allow his eyes to water. 210. Why was it so high?! He hasn't eaten since before school which was hours ago. Now he was in an even worse mood as he put his lunch away and just drank some water. He walked around the school awhile before looking in the lunch room. He saw Josh, Leeroy, and Connor bantering and giggling and that pissed Niall off. They didn't care he wasn't there. He huffed and wiped his slightly watering eyes before going to the toilets and just sitting there for the rest of lunch trying not to cry.

"Bug I need you to clean your room a bit, Josh is sleeping over tonight because Marcel has another catering event and Zayn is going into the studio with papa to work on a big project. Niall didn't want Josh here, Josh had replaced and betrayed him. Stupid Connor ruined everything.

Josh put his stuff down in Niall and Harry's room and began to play with one of Niall's toy cars. Niall walked over and snatched it.

"Mine" He growled. Josh was confused, Niall was always gentle with him.

'Ni you have to share" Josh said quietly.

"No! Mine!" Niall said louder. Josh was starting to become afraid of Niall. He reached out to grab a different toy car and Niall slapped him right across the face. Josh held his cheek as tears rushed to his eyes. He tried to contain it but he was scared, sad, confused, and it hurt a lot so he let out a loud sob. Louis was downstairs playing Candyland with Harry when he heard the cry. He thought maybe one of them fell down while playing or something so he just ignored it but a few seconds later an ear piercing scream was let out and Louis picked up Harry and ran up the stairs. When he opened the door to the room he saw Niall pulling Josh's hair as Josh tried to get him to let go.

"NIALL JAMES PAYLINSON IN MY ROOM RIGHT NOW AND YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO!" Niall had never seen his Papa look so furious so he quickly scrambled to do what Louis said. Louis put Harry down near the toys and picked up Josh who was still sobbing and trying to catch his breath.

"Josh baby, what happened." Josh was able to tell Louis everything that happened that day even at school with the name calling. He even told Louis that Niall never apologized to Connor. Louis took Josh downstairs along with Harry and put them on the couch and covered them with a blanket. He turned the telly on to Sesame Street and handed them both a sippy cup full of juice before telling them he'd be right back. He went into his room and spanked Niall for the second time that week. He hoped this wouldn't become a routine. When he was done he put Niall on the bed next to him.

"Niall I heard that you didn't apologize to Connor so I'm going to take you to class tomorrow and make sure you apologize. Also I heard about your potty mouth so here." Louis stuck a bar of soap in Niall's mouth. "You'll keep that in the rest of my speech. I don't understand why you're being like this lately, that's not the Ni I know. I want my sweet little bug back." Niall spit the soap out and began sobbing. He told Louis about his blood sugar issues and that he was hungry and frustrated and he took it out on Josh because he was jealous of Connor. Louis felt bad for his baby but he made sure Niall knew that what he was doing wasn't right.

"Ni how about you take up another sport alongside footie to get your frustration out?" Niall thought for a moment.

"Like what?"

"How about boxing?" Liam had proposed the idea for Harry when he was about Niall's age but Harry was too emotionally unstable and he also wasn't into sports. Niall nodded and wiped his eyes.

"Okay I'll have to talk to dada about it but I'm sure you'll say yes. Now go apologize to Josh. You guys are family, you're supposed to love each other not be mean. Don't you love Josh?" Niall nodded and started to leave but then stopped.

"Papa..don't tell dada or Zayn and Marcel..."

"Bug you know I have to. Now go apologize then we'll check your sugar level again and have dinner okay?" Niall nodded and kissed Louis' cheek before leaving the room.

Thanks to Maria_Grier02 for the prompt. Keep commenting or messaging me requests.

QOTC: Okay so when I last checked the votes for my future new story Narry and Ziam were tied (hurts my Larry heart </3). I will use both but one will just be briefly mentioned and won't have any chapters based just on them and one will be the couple the actual story is based on so....which one do you want to be the main couple Narry or Ziam? I'll tally the votes Saturday night.