Surprise Hero

Josh had now officially been adopted by Zayn and Marcel for two months now and he was finally getting comfortable. He was still extremely polite and a shy kid naturally but he was no longer afraid to ask them for something to eat or anything else he wanted.

"Josh come on, we have to drop you off in 10 minutes." Zayn yelled up  the stairs. Josh was spending the night at Liam and Louis' because Marcel was asked to cater a bachelor party and he and Zayn were invited to participate in the actual party.

"M' comin papa!" Josh yelled as he walked down the stairs clutching his teddy bear.

"You ready bud?" Marcel asked as he picked Josh up and put him on his hip. Josh nodded and stuck his thumb in his mouth only for Marcel to pull it right back out. Josh whined and tried to put it back in but Marcel stopped him.

"No baby that's yucky." It was a bad habit of Josh's that they were desperately trying to break. It was making his teeth crooked and affecting his speech a bit. It was also a mess, he was drooling everywhere like a teething toddler. He always had either: his thumb, his shirt, his teddy bear, Zayn and Marcel's clothes, or any other item he could get his hands on, in his mouth.

"But dadaaaa" Josh whined.

"No Josh, you're six years old you don't need to always be chewing on something."

"But Harry does it and he's 16."

"Baby that's different and you know it." Josh just pouted as Zayn picked up his over night bag and they left the house.

"Uncle Li! Aunt Lou!" Josh screamed as he ran in the house. Liam laughed, he'd never get over the fact that he actually got Josh to call Louis that. Louis smacked Liam in the back of the head. "Wanker." he said as Liam rubbed his head. Zayn and Marcel brought Josh's stuff in the house then they said bye to him before walking towards the front door.

"Have fun" Louis said.

"We will, oh by the papa, don't let Josh suck his thumb or chew on anything that's not food, we're trying to break him out of that habit." Zayn says as they walked out the door. Once they were gone Liam and Louis came back into the family room where Josh was playing with some of Niall's Legos.

"Aunt Lou where's Ni ni and Haz?" Louis grimaced at the name.

"Baby don't you want to call me Uncle Lou? I'm a boy." Josh just giggled and shook his head.

"No, Uncle Li said you're the girl in bed whatever that means, so I should call you Aunt Lou." Louis almost spit out his tea, he was going to kill Liam, he can't believe he told a six year old that.

"Well Uncle Liam should keep his mouth shut but he's not very smart. Anyway Niall is at footie and Harry is sleeping but Uncle Li is waking him up right now so he can come play with you." As if right on cue Liam walked in carrying Harry who had his face buried in Liam's neck. Liam put Harry down and he whimpered at first but when he saw Josh he got excited and hugged him.

"Joshy!"

"Hazza!" Liam and Louis decided to sit on the couch and watch the telly as Harry and Josh continued playing with legos. Harry got curious as they continued playing and decided to put one in his mouth. He was about to take it out when he accidentally inhaled and swallowed the lego. It got stuck in his throat and he began panicking and gasping for air. Liam and Louis noticed and were quick to be on their feet but Josh was already behind Harry, performing the Heimlich Maneuver. Within seconds Harry had spit out the lego. He began sobbing and shaking, running to Louis who picked him up and cuddled him.

"Scared papa!"

"I know baby, shh it's okay you're okay. Joshy you're a life saver, how did you know about that?"

"Papa did it to me once when I put a coin in my mouth." Liam and Louis hugged and kissed Josh thanking him over and over again. They called Marcel and Zayn and told them and they praised Josh for being a little hero. Later that afternoon they all went to pick up Niall from footie then went to Josh's restaurant of choice which they believe involved some persuasion on Niall's part since they ended up at Nandos.

Thank you for the prompt  . Sorry I didn't update yesterday, Uni is fucking killing me to be honest :'( I have so much work but I just can't deal with it right now so I decided to update. I'll try to get another prompt out tonight.

QOTC: What musician/band do you hate? Sorry if you like her but I absolutely hate Taylor Swift.