Someone I'm Not

"Okay here are the instructions for the at home exercises for you to do with Josh and I'll see you guys next week." Lily smiled as she said bye to Josh. They were finally allowed to take him home and they were super excited but they were also really worried because their house was not wheelchair friendly. Marcel had gone home the night before for a little while and locked away all the medications and potentially harmful objects then cleaned up the house a bit to make more space for Josh.

They decided to keep Josh home from school for another two weeks until he had adjusted to using his wheelchair. They had emailed the headmaster to inform him of the situation and he sent his well wishes and told them he'd inform Mrs. Deyes since she had been quite worried over Josh's recent absences.

Meanwhile Niall was back at school, he had missed a day when Josh was first admitted in hospital. He walked into the classroom and handed Mrs. Deyes his note from Liam that explained why he had missed a day the past week. He walked to his seat next to Connor and sat down. He was a bit confused when Connor acted as if he wasn't even there but Niall just shrugged it off and figured that he was paying close attention to the lesson. They did maths, art, games, and English before going outside for break. Leeroy and Niall went to grab a football and walked over to the field where Connor had gone to sit down.

"Connor do you want to play footie with us?" Leeroy asked.

"With you sure but not with Niall." Niall felt really hurt, Connor was his boyfriend why was he being mean like this?

"Connor?"

"I can't be seen with you Niall."

"Why not? You're my boyfr-"

"DON'T SAY THAT!" Connor shouted, roughly shoving Niall, he fell back on his bum as tears sprang to his eyes.

"Why are you doing this?" Niall asked trying not to cry.

"Some lads in year 2 and 3 told me that you're a fag and you tricked me into being one too. They'll beat me up if I hang with you. M' not gay, I never liked you." Connor spat and Leeroy could tell it hurt Connor to say that but Niall was so distraught that he believed Connor actually meant it. He finally allowed himself to cry as Connor walked away to hang with the older lads. Leeroy sat next to Niall and hugged him as he cried.

"Don't worry Ni, he didn't mean it." He tried but Niall stood up and wiped his tears away, not believing it.

"No, I don't want to be gay any more, Imma find a girlfriend."

"Ni you can't choose whether you like boys or girls." Niall knew this was true but he'd be damned if he wasn't going to try.

"I don't care, imma find a girlfriend!" Leeroy sighed and walked away deciding to let Niall try this. Niall looked around the playground and saw a pretty girl with blonde hair and dyed pink tips from his class sitting alone under a tree painting her nails a sparkly pink. If he remembered correctly her name was Louise Pentland. She was quite shy but she was really nice so he went over and sat next to her.

"Hi I'm Niall."

"M' Louise." She said shyly, smiling at him.

"I know." He smiled. "I saw you sitting alone so I thought I'd come keep you company." Louise smiled brighter, she was extremely beautiful and kind but she was one of the bigger girls in the class and painfully shy so not a lot of people talked to her.

"Why do you want to talk to me? Aren't you afraid of people making fun of you for talking to the class whale?" She said, frowning.

"What? No. Louise you're beautiful." He genuinely meant it.