Innocence

"Have a good day at school bug, remember go to the nurse during your first break."

"I know papa. I'll see you later."

"Remember to wait for Josh. Is Leeroy coming over too?"

"Yeah." Louis nodded and kissed Niall's forehead.

"Kissy!" Harry shouted. Niall opened the door and kissed Harry's cheek. The new medication had worked well and the voices had calmed down significantly. He was back in his tutoring lessons and even signed him up for a dance class as it was suggested by Caspar as a good way for him to release stress. Niall had taken up boxing as well and had already had one practice and absolutely loved it.

Niall said bye to Louis and Harry and entered the school building where he saw Leeroy, Josh, and Connor waiting for him. Niall had apologized to Connor and they had actually become good friends.

"Connor do you want to come over to my house after school? Josh and Leeroy are."

"Okay, will your dads let you?"

"Yeah, they don't care." Connor nodded and they all walked to class together.

"Okay class time for art. I want you to find a partner and you're going to make a finger painting together. It'll teach you to listen to each other and work together." Leeroy and Josh were working together already since they sit next to each other so Connor looked at Niall and Niall nodded. They pulled out their art supplies and began the painting. They talked and laughed together the whole time and soon they stopped paying attention to the actual project and turned in a giant colourful mess at the end. Recess came after and on the way out Connor slightly stepped out of the single file line and lightly brushed his hand against Niall's. Niall grabbed it subtly and smiled. They released each other's hands when they got to the playground and the four boys started a two on two game of footie. Leeroy and Josh versus Niall and Connor. It ended in a playful wrestling match and soon recess was over and they had to go back inside. The rest of the day passed by quickly and soon all four boys were waiting for Louis.

"Oh hi Connor, I didn't know you were coming. Come on everyone, get in." Louis smiled.

"Papa where's Harry?"

"He went to the studio with dada and Zayn." Niall just nodded and the boys sang along obnoxiously to the radio until the got to the house. They all ran out and up to the play room and Louis just laughed and shook his head at the rowdy boys. They played for about an hour before they got bored. Liam had also arrived home by this time with Harry.

"Let's play hide and seek!" Josh screamed and the other boys yelled in agreement.

"Not it!" they all yelled but Leeroy was the last to say it.

"Dang it." Leeroy said but he went to the corner to count to 20 anyway. Josh took off running downstairs but Niall grabbed Connor's hand and ran with him to his dada and papa's room. They decided to just sit on the bed.

"Leeroy wouldn't open this door so we're safe." Niall said and Josh just nodded.

"READY OR NOT HERE I COME!" They heard Leeroy shout before hearing his footsteps descend down the stairs.

"What are we going to do if he won't look for us here?" Connor giggled. Niall grabbed Connor's hand and started playing with his fingers absent-mindedly.

"Connor?"

"Yeah Ni?"

"How does it feel to like someone? I mean like like."

 "I think you get butterflies in your tummy and you always want to hold hands and kiss."

"Have you ever kissed anyone?"

"No, I've never liked anyone until now."

"Oh" Niall sighed as he let go of Connor's hand.

"It's you Ni." Connor grabbed  Niall's hand again and lifted his chin before softly pecking his lips. The door flew open and they turned expecting to see Leeroy but it was Louis. Leeroy happened to be passing by however and screamed.

"FOUND YOU! JOSHY I FOUND THEM!" Niall and Connor left the room to continue their game of hide and seek, this time Josh was it. Connor and Niall hid together again but this time in the kitchen cupboard under the sink.

"Ni ni?"

"Yeah?"

"Does this make us like boyfriends?" Niall thought about it before smiling.

"Yeah, it does. Connor can we like...can I kiss you again?" Connor smiled and nodded as Niall leant over and pecked him on the lips again.

Louis was still shocked by what he saw and after just standing in the doorway for about two minutes he finally walked downstairs to the family room where Liam was playing Candy land with Harry since it had become his favourite game after playing it with Caspar.

"Everything alright love?"

"I just walked in on Niall and Connor kissing."

"Wow and you didn't freak out and go all overprotective mama bear on him?" Liam said genuinely shocked. Louis sat down to play with Harry and Liam as he smiled and shook his head.

"No because for the first time in a long time we haven't had a serious issue with Harry or Niall. There's no voices and Niall's blood sugar is under control. Niall's just had his first kiss and here we are calmly playing a game with Harry. This is all I've wanted I've wanted for them these past few months, fun and childhood innocence. Now that it's happening I'm not going to stop that." Liam just smiled and leaned in to kiss Louis.

"Gross dada gross papa!" Harry said as he pushed them apart. They both laughed and kissed his cheeks before they continued to play Candy land.

Finally a happy fluffy chapter after all the sadness. Thank you to LirryandNiam for the prompt. I can't think of a cute ship name for Niall and Connor sooo..yeah haha.

QOTC: How many siblings do you have? I have two half sisters and two stepsisters. I also kinda count my best friend as my little sister even though that bitch is taller than me so I have like 5.