Chapter 25 - Erudite News

Começar do início

Runaway horse in Amity yesterday. Please contact the Amity farms if you see a grey and brown horse around anywhere. Apparently he answers to the name 'Harley'.

Abnegation quick to react to a house fire yesterday in their faction. We will also go into more detail on that later.

"How the heck...? What?!"

+ + +

I didn't even hesitate to quickly turn of my soup on the stove, put Indy on his leash and get down to the main building in the commercial break to tell Josh to turn the TV on.

Indy, suddenly understanding my urgency to get to the Main Building, takes off running by my side. I always forget what a good runner he is. I really should start taking runs with him.

The compound is freezing whenever winter finally strikes, and being underground doesn't help with anything. It must be like ten below zero in the halls of the compound.

We both make in to the Main Building in under two minutes; a walk that usually takes like eight because of me never being awake enough in the morning to put some energy into my walk to work.

"Josh! Turn on the TV! Erudite news, quick!" I yell as soon as I enter the doors of the Main Building.

I hear the TV hum on from the big first room and I go into the meeting room from where the hum came from.

There sits Josh, and I recognize the man with him as the leader of Erudite.

Ugh... What was his name...?

The man on the news channel starts talking just as the Erudite symbol leaves the screen.

Yesterday, there was a big leader meeting taking place at Dauntless headquarters. This meeting was about weather or not there should be further investigation put into action on this plan that has been going since the spring of last year, and has now finally ended two weeks ago.

This idea between Erudite and Dauntless leaders to investigate the building was made strictly to try and help the people that were saved. They were in exposure to weird serums, drugs, and types of weapons that doctors don't know how to firsthand treat. The plan was mainly just to help the people, not to be up in people's business on what happened in that building. That was made clear by Dauntless leader, Josh yesterday in at the meeting.

This idea was in fact not passed.

The vote had to be unanimous for it to be passed. The vote was four to one. That one that didn't want it to happen was Candor leader, West. Listen to an audio from the meeting yesterday.

-This would be a waste of our time! We need to be doing more important things such as finding a way to get new medications and making allies outside of the city, not continue to stay in here. It's crazy enough I ever said yes to the first vote to actually rescue these people! Some are from other cities, other places. Aren't those places going to be angry that we have their people? The people belong in that building! There's no hope in saving them! They're already too far gone, and if they're not, then they don't need an investigation's help! My vote is no! I don't care! This would be a waste of our time.-

Well, there you have it. One man's opinion. We've decided to move one story up today instead of it being our last story this morning, and because it also relates to the topic.

As of the meeting yesterday, we've also received news on former Abnegation leader's daughter, Beatrice Prior. The whole Prior family had also been taken and held captive in that building, and all were saved and we had heard that all of them were in okay shape, except there never was any news on Beatrice, the youngest, only daughter, former Dauntless member, divergent, genetically pure.

For weeks, we've been trying to get information from doctors and nurses at the hospital in Erudite, but no information was ever given. New information was heard at the meeting in Dauntless yesterday. Just listen:

I hear my voice come from the television.

-I just don't get it. How do you not understand? Maybe it's because you don't have any kind of relation to anyone in that building, or maybe it's just a personal thing. Beatrice Prior, my girlfriend was rescued from that building. I carried her basically lifeless body from that building. She had nine bullets, and a steak knife all in her left leg, along with knife scratches all over her, burn impressions of symbols, numbers and letters on multiple places on her body. Her leg is all messed up. It's more of dead muscle and tissue than leg itself. They've done surgery on it, but that doesn't mean that it will ever be the same or work again. She was conscious. She's been conscious and fighting for her life for years. The doctors don't know what to do. She's been exposed to various drugs since serums don't affect her, and the doctors have no clue what they are or what they'll do to her. She fell into a coma yesterday, for better or for worse. Now she's just fighting for her life while unconscious. What's the point you say? The point is that any kind of information could be the difference between life and death for her. You may say it's a waste of time, but for all of us that have relations to people in that building, anything other than thinking about helping our friends and family is a waste of time.-

That was said by her boyfriend during the war. He's a dauntless leader now and goes by the name 'Four'. There's a little bit of both sides of the story between these two stories. You hear West saying that it's a waste of time, but then you hear Four saying anything other than is a waste of time.

Who knows what is suppose to happen from here, but as of now, the idea is not passed. We will keep everyone posted on if this changes at all.

And when we come back... Harley the horse from Amity has been found, taking a friendly visit to the Abnegation sector? More on this when we come back.

"Thanks Four. We both would've missed that if you didn't let us know." Josh says.

"Mark, this is Four, one of our five co-leaders here. Four, this is Mark, Erudite leader."

I shake his hand. That's what his name was.

"So, as you were saying, Mark?"

"I think that we need to do it anyways." Mark says.

"Do what anyways?" Josh questions.

"The investigation."