Chapter 15 - Extraordinary Tris Prior

Start from the beginning

I just nod, not knowing how to answer.

"I'm scared that if we do that to Beatrice again, she would freak out even more than last time and we'd loose any trust that we've actually gained with her. What do you think we should, do?"

I stop and think.

"I see what you're saying, and you probably would end up loosing any gained trust build with her. But, it is for the best. I mean, what's worse? Her living with a concussion or whatever is wrong with her head and not treating it, or using that process to knock her out but be able to help whatever is wrong with her?"

She nods.

"I think that even if you do the process and loose her trust, I'm sure she will gain trust with you again. She's smart, and somewhere under that stress and paranoia, there's the brave, smart woman I met years ago."

"So you are saying that we should knock her out anyways and that she will probably come around and trust us again...?"

"Yes. It kills me to agree with the harshness and pain it will cause her, but it is for her best, so yes, that's what I'm saying."

"Okay then. I plan on all of this starting tomorrow. I want this to get done and over with so she can get comfortable again as soon as possible, and also so we can have results as soon as possible and help her to get well." She says writing something down on a piece of paper.

"Okay." I agree.

"I want you to visit with her again tomorrow morning before all of this. I'm going to schedule a cat scan of her head for ten in the morning, so what is the earliest you can see her, regardless of the visiting hours?"

"I haven't really left at all these past few days, so whenever you would like me to."

"You've been sleeping in the waiting room?" She questions me.

"I wouldn't call it sleeping, but dosing off, yes."

"Okay then. I guess I'll just come out and get you sometime between six and eight in the morning then, if that's okay with you?"

"Sure."

"C-Can I ask you something?" I mentally slap myself for stuttering.

"Of course."

"I noticed a bandage around her forearm. I didn't notice anything wrong with it when I brought her here. What's wrong with it?"

"That was an injury that I'd never thought I'd have to deal with in my life. Under the bandage, she has the letters -GP- burned in her arm. There's also the small lines of the genetically pure symbol burned into the same wrist. It looks almost like how people use to burn symbols on slaves way, way back. There was also a weird symbol of some sort burned on the bottom of her left foot. They both looked like they were burnt into her skin a long time ago. I cannot believe someone would've done that to her. I can't even imagine... That must have hurt so terribly. "

"I can't believe that bastard did that to her." I mumble angrily under my breath.

"It's such an inhuman act to do that to another person. It could only be fixed by plastic surgery, so for now we just put some good ointment and a bandage on both of them in hope for them to heal up a little bit."

"Okay." I reply, still angered for hearing that that happened to her,

"I just need to ask you one more favor..." She says.

"What would that be?"

"I need to tell me everything you can about Beatrice from the past, if it's okay with you. I'd like to just know a little bit more about her to maybe try and make her feel more comfortable, possibly to try and figure out how to calm her down, and other situations that knowing a little bit of her background could help a ton."

I take a deep breath.

"Beatrice Prior. She was born Abnegation, transferred to Dauntless when she was sixteen. She decided to be called Tris once she transferred and hated being called Beatrice. She believed it was too Abnegation for her, and she was right about that. She is strong, very strong. Her selflessness always shows through, no matter how much she tries to hide it. She is Divergent between Abnegation, Erudite and Dauntless. First in her initiation class, she's a fighter and she is strong. She became uncontrollable during the war, throwing herself in front of bullets and doing anything she could to save anyone. She's stubborn, very, very stubborn."

"I refuse to refer to her personality traits in past tense because I know that they all are still in her somewhere, just covered in stress. I hope that it will all come back some day. I know it will. She's too strong for it to all disappear just like that. She will always be the brave, selfless, intelligent, strong-willed, extraordinary Tris Prior that I met years ago."

A/N-

Hi humans!

Just like I told you all last chap... Fourtris is back and it ain't leavin! (Haha excuse my slang grammar)

Qotc: Favorite kind of fruit?

Aotc: Pomegranate or Strawberries 🙃

4.61k reads!!

Thanks for reading!

Don't forget to....

Vote

and

Comment

and

Be brave because I <4 you all so so much!