chapter 21

gabriellas POV

I woke up laying on the couch with food everywhere and kayla was still asleep.

I got up and cleaned everything up and let her sleep then I went upstairs and got in the shower.

I came downstairs and saw a cake on the counter and papers.

I looked at the cake and it said "welcome to the family kayla. ~zac, Dylan, Gabriella, and dave" I looked at the papers and it was adoption papers.

I saw dave come inside from outback I ran and hugged him.

"thank you" I said

"well go shopping tomorrow for her room and clothes and stuff" dave said

"you're the best" I said and squeezed him tighter.

it was already 1.

kayla woke up and I made me and her lunch and we ate and relaxed for a little bit then I went upstairs to get ready for tonight.

I curled my hair and clipped a little piece back then did my makeup.

I put on my dress and shoes and jewelry. by the time I was done it was 4:45.

I went downstairs and saw Dylan, kayla, and dave in the kitchen and she was so happy because she saw the cake and papers.

"ahh look at you" she said and hugged me.

we took a few pictures then I heard a knock on the door.

"alight I'm outta here guys, bye" I said

"wait what about pictures?" dave asked

"we're taking some at Hayes house with the guys if you wanna come?" I asked

"yeah I'll meet you over there" he said

I opened the door and Hayes handed me flowers, "so many flowers ah, I love it" I said and put them on the counter.

we drove back to Hayes house and took pictures with just us 2 then with a bunch of people.

Nash dropped us off where the dance was and we went in holding hands and I saw some girls and a bunch of big football guys, Hayes is bug compared to me but compared to some of these guys he's small.

"my dad is really excited to meet you because he thinks I'm lying about having a girlfriend" Hayes said

"is he here?" I asked

"yeah, all the football coaches are and he coaches the older team" Hayes said

I followed Hayes and saw him hug a guy that had the same eyes as him, it was his dad.

"oh so Hayes wasn't lying, you must be Gabriella, I'm chad, it's nice to meet you" he said and shook my hand.

"nice to meet you too" I said

me and Hayes went and gotta sodas and sat down and just talked.

"SEVENNNNNNN" I heard a guy scream and come over to us.