chapter 9

gabbys POV

I woke up to zac shaking me.

"hey gab, listen I just wanted to let you know everything's fine, me and Dylan are home and dad was arrested. I heard what happened yesterday at the church, you did amazing, I'm proud of you, you're such a strong little girl. I love you" zac said and was crying.

I wiped his tears and hugged him, "don't cry zac, you're home now" I said

"I know, we're all okay" he said and kissed my head.

"do you feel okay you're warm?" he asked

"yeah I just need some more sleep" I said

I went back to sleep.

I woke up and looked at my phone phone and it was 12, I missed cheer again, I'm thinking about quitting.

I showered then got changed into Jean shorts and a vneck and I French braided my hair and did my makeup.

I went downstairs and saw Dylan asleep on the couch.

I sat down by his feet and turned the TV on and the news came on.

I watched it for s few minutes then was about to turn it off when a segment called paparazzi came on.

I saw pictures of zac and Dylan and dave being taken in and cuffs and me hugging Hayes.

then I saw pictures of me sitting there ignoring them and then last I saw pictures of dave holding me and flipping off the cameras, which I didn't know he did.

I saw a picture of Dylan sitting outside the police station crying then I saw one of Dylan and zac hugging at the police station.

"this is crazy" I said

"what's crazy?" zac asked

"these stupid cameras" I said

"oh I know trust me" he said

"do you have a dress for the funeral tomorrow?" zac asked

"no, I never wear black" I said

"alright want me to take you?" zac asked

"I'll make Hayes go with me, you were up all night and need sleep" I said

"alright here's some money" he said and handed me a hundred and fifty dollars.

"thanks" I said and put it in my wallet.

I texted Hayes and he had to shower then he would pick me up because Nash and cameron we're going to the mall too.

I waited for about 20 minutes then he texted me saying he was here.

I got in the car and we all talked as we drove to the mall.

"we might go to the water park tomorrow if you wanna come" Nash said

"I have the funeral tomorrow but thanks for the invite" I said

"maybe next time" he said

we pulled up at the mall and all went inside.

"alright you 2 and go off and I'll meet you back here when I call you to leave" Nash said

me and Hayes walked around for a little while just talking.

"can we go in here I need to find a dress" I said as we passed express.

"yeah" he said and we went in and I found like 3 cute black dresses so I tried them on.

I liked the flowy lace one that came to my mid thigh.