Candlelight

~Shokudaikiri Mitsutada~
燭台切 光忠

Recently started playing the game and it was really addicting!! OMG THOSE CHARA DESIGNS!! XD

Anyway let's start. Enjoy~

Aruji-sama=Master=You

--------------------------------------------------------

"Aruji-sama~ It's morning now!"

You fluttered your eyes open and to be greeted by the eyepatch sword. He was sitting with his legs side by side in japanese-style, his sword placed beside him.

Morning... Such a nice sleep.. Hmm...
.
.
.
Hmm?
.
.
.
.

What?! Morning?!

You jolted up from your futon.

"Why didn't you wake me up Mitsu?!" You fumbled. Normally you would wake up before the other swords would, prepare breakfast and walk around the citadel, checking on the smithing area and armory everyday before proceeding to wake your swords up. But it wasn't done today, and that made you lose your composure. You felt that you didn't live up to your responsibilities.

"Aruji-sama. Don't worry, we had breakfast. (I prepared it, he said) Ishikiri is doing the lead now. Kasen's team is sent out for an expedition, Kogitsune's team on the frontlines currently, and my team is practising kenjutsu with each other. See? I am cool right~ And yes your breakfast will be served later." Mitsutada said as he gave you the usual clothes you wore everyday and a towel.

"O-Oh.. Thanks Mitsu.." You muttered as you ruffled your hair, making it even messier (or worser in terms of hairstyle).

"You're welcome."

You stood up from your futon and proceeded to the bathroom before being halted by the eyepatch sword.

"Aruji-sama."

"Hmm?"

"Why didn't you tell me you are injured? It'll affect your work... Wait I'll go get the medical box-"

You turned around, confused at Mitsutada's question.

"Wait Mitsu I am not injured-"

A fresh crimson stain was seen on your futon.

Including your white robe.

You realised something.

The crimson stain was enough to make you scream on top of your lungs, the second other than scolding your mischievious swords sometimes.

"No~~!!"

Certainly your shrilling scream shook the whole citadel. All your swords came running to your chambers, worried. Some tantous even took their swords out, ready to kill anything who harms their dear master.

"...Aruji-dono..?"

Imanotsurugi slid the door a little, peeked, and slid the door back, closing it.

"Everyone, let's hide before Aruji-dono melt us back to metal."

~♤~

You certainly forgot about your monthly curse.

Your futon was brought out and washed by the tantous who gladly volunteered to help you, although they were a bit afraid at what happened earlier. For the time being you had to sleep in someone's futon as there were insufficient resources given by the government, who decided to limit the amount of resources each Saniwa has.

"Argh... Guess I am busy enough to forget my due day for this... It hurts.."
You sighed, dressing yourself in a white kimono and red hakama (A/N it resembles a miko's costume). You gritted your teeth, trying not make any noise that revealed you in pain. A shadow was seen outside your room.

"Aruji-sama, are you alright? You sure you are not injured-"

"No no I am not injured. Relax, Mitsu. It's just a women's problem. It's fine!" You walked to the door and slid it open, revealing Mitsutada standing there like a stone figure. His expressions were enough to make you giggle like a child. You didn't want to worry him.

"Sometimes you're really cute Mitsu! Don't worry! I am fine, I am good! No worries!" You said as you tapped him on both sides of his arm, telling him not to worry and relax. His facial expressions soon turn into an amusing smile.

"As you wish, Aruji-sama. Ahh it reminds me, do you have an extra futon? I remember we received notice that we won't be getting any resources for the time being as most of it are allocated to the younger Saniwas as priority."

"O-Oh yeah... I almost forgot.."

"Please sleep in my futon. I'll sleep with the other swords."

"!"

"O-Oh it's okay! I can manage it! I-I need you to be in tip top condition for being on the frontlines tomorrow."

I hope Mitsu didn't sense me being flustered..

"Hmm.. If that's your wish, I'll gladly comply, Aruji-sama."

The eye patch sword then leaves to tend daily affairs in the citadel, leaving you dazed in your own little fantasies.

~♤~

After a half day's work, it certainly took a toll on your body, as you felt sore all over. The pain from the monthly curse still persisted. You sat along the corridor, with your legs dangling.

If only I brought my painkillers along...

You thought, regretting. You stretched and tried to get rid of tiredness, but that only worked for partial parts on your body. Feeling even more tired then ever, you stood up. A wave of giddiness took you over suddenly. Preparing for the impact of falling, you closed your eyes before seeing a figure rushing towards you.

~♤~

"Aruji-sama. I am glad you are finally awake."

You turned your head and saw Mitsutada. Remembering the events earlier, you tried to sit up, but a gentle, warm hand pushes you down on your shoulders, forcing you to lay back down against the soft bed.

"Aruji-sama. Please rest. Ishikiri said that you fainted due to lack of rest and anaemic. My apologies for not noticing your well-being." He gave a bow, clearly blaming himself.

"Mitsu, I promise I'll rest, but remember it's not your fault. It's just because I have a frail body since young. I can't handle this monthly curse. Hey Mitsu, You're cool!" You gave a small chuckle, holding his hand as you said. Mitsutada's eyes widened, and looked at you.

"The reason why I said you're cool? Because no one would be so meticulous to the point where my favourite aroma incense sticks were burnt, bluffed everyone that I was taking a nap and keeping Ishikiri on the sidelines by hiding him in the next room in case an emergency happened to me. You know I wouldn't like it, but you still did it, Mitsu."

Mitsutada slightly flinched at your comment, thinking that you were angry at him. But instead, you gave your thanks to him.

"Thanks!"

The candlelight remained with you for the first time, and for a long time.