Part 43

After getting her cleaned up Bonnie and Rebekah joined Kol, Stefan and Klaus in the bar area watching him frantically pace the room. "What happened to her" Bonnie asked. "Someone tried to claim her, and when I find out which of the pathetic fools it was I'll make him pray for death" Klaus growled crushing his glass in his hand. "Why would someone do that?" 

"To demean her, to take away her status as an Alpha" Klaus explained that an Alpha Female who mates with  a lower ranking wolf gives up her title and is reduced to the of her mate. "It was Tyler, the only way for him and that pathetic pack to be free of Caroline's command he'd have to strip her of being and Alpha" Kol seethed. Klaus dropped his glass and sped out of the house with Stefan and Kol behind him catching up as Klaus kicked the Lockwoods door in "What the hell have you done!" he screamed hoisting him up by the throat cuffing of his air. "Which one of you did it?" Stefan asked letting his fangs drop as did Kol. "You know you can't kill him, you'll be killing her mate and it'll destroy her" Tyler chuckled before Klaus snapped his neck. One by one Klaus towered over the cowering wolves inhaling their scents deeply since he could smell it all over Caroline until he stopped in front of Chris who was shaking in fear . Staring into his eyes his pupils dilated "I want you to denounce Caroline as you mate by claiming Hayley" he smirked watching as Hayley attempted to run but Kol caught her holding her in place. "Klaus please I had nothing to do with this, Tyler is my mate!" she begged but it fell on deaf ears. "You and Caroline are the only female wolves in Mystic Falls and in order for him to release Caroline he has to mate with another so thank Tyler for this when he wakes up" Klaus snapped releasing Chris watching him forcibly claim Hayley. "We have to go, Rebekah said Care just woke up screaming" Stefan shouted leaving with with Kol and Klaus behind them making their way back to the mansion hearing her wails far before they reached her. "Why is it so hot! I feel like my body is burning!" Klaus found Caroline in the shower with the water ice cold "I feel like I'm burning alive!" she screamed in tears clawing at her skin and pulling her hair in frustration. "Help me!" she cried noticing Klaus just standing there with tears brimming his eyes; "I'm so sorry love" he said snapping her neck catching her as she fell before putting her back to bed.

"I was too late, the heat is starting" Klaus explained after tucking her in and shooting her up with wolfsbane. "She's gone into heat... After the wolves mark what's theirs the female goes into heat and they have to complete the claiming by--"

"fucking like rabbits" Kol cut in. "Chris denounced her as his mate" Stefan yelled. "She's already in heat so it doesn't matter, she needs to mate"

"You have to do it" Bonnie sighed. "I didn't want it to happen this way"

"You don't have a choice Nik, what's the alternative leaving her like that... will it run out of her system eventually? We can't keep pumping her full of wolfsbane and snapping her neck" Rebekah yelled. "Klaus" Caroline called weekly and he sped away, the other's left the house to give them privacy. "What's wrong with me? It's so hot" she whispered writhing beneath the sheets. Klaus explained what Chis and Tyler had done and what he had done in attempt to stop it. "I snapped your neck and injected you with wolfsbane to buy you time but the heat is returning" he whispered placing a hand on her forehead "your hand is hot" she commented shying away form his touch. "Only your mate's touch soothes; I know we talked about it and wanted to wait but the quickest way to make this stop would be for me to break his bond and claim you myself... or we can keep pushing wolfsbane into your system to make it easier until it passes" Caroline's breathing labored as her blood began to feel like acid "help me" she whined kicking off the blankets not caring that she only had on one of Klaus' t shirts and no underwear. Klaus grabbed a syringe from his drawer but Caroline knocked it from his hand. "Do it" she panted with tears falling from her eyes before she screamed out in pain again. "Caroline--"

"Do it please!!!! Help me!" she cried. "Breaking a bond is painful love"

"Nik please" she all out sobbed now. Unable to take it anymore Klaus pulled her into his chest and sank is teeth into her neck in the exact same spot Chris had bitten her letting a tear fall when her scream reached heights he was unaware a person could achieve. "Mine"