Part 6

"Alright evil blonde what did you do to Vampire Barbie?" Damon said meeting them at the door with Stefan. "She helped me decorate the gym for the dance tomorrow and now we're grabbing something to eat, no one did anything to me"

"Care that's Rebekah Mikaelson as in Klaus sister; Klaus who's trying to kill Elena" Stefan said slowly like she was a child. "I'm aware... Klaus is trying to kill Elena, not Rebekah" she said just as sarcastically. "Now is not the time to be stubborn you dumb blonde" Damon spat and before he could blink Caroline jabbed him in the throat then dug the heel of her shoe into his foot; she long replaced all her stiletto heels with wood. "Stefan do want to continue this conversation?" she said with a raised eyebrow. After telling her to be careful he helped Damon back to the table where Elena, Bonnie, Jeremy and Matt sat clearly surprised. Rebekah and Caroline sat at the bar and had a few drinks "I really do like you Caroline and I appreciate that you made the distinction that Klaus' intentions and mine are different. Will we still be friends after Nik breaks the curse?"

"Of course Bekah, I won't hold you accountable for your brother's actions" They ate and left walking to Caroline's house where they were met by Elijah. "Hello Caroline, little sister"

"Is something wrong Elijah?"

"Caroline I know of your friends plan to attempt to kill my brother but I come here to make you a deal to save their lives" he said watching a frown cross her face. "Why do you say their lives like that doesn't include me?"

"It doesn't, Niklaus would never hurt you"

"Let me guess another piece to the already complicated puzzle that is our history" she laughed. "Bek if I asked would you tell me?"

"No... but not because I don't want to I seriously wish we could reveal all that there is; it would be because I like Elijah made a promise" she smiled. "I found a way for your friend Elena to survive once the ritual is over and I tried to discuss it with the Salvatores but they wouldn't hear of it"

"They don't trust you all, I'm not even sure why I do? I feel like you've brought back pieces of me that I didn't know were missing"

"Pieces?" Rebekah asked confused. "I've never felt complete, I've always felt like something was missing and when I met Elijah then you that void lessened. The puzzle isn't complete yet, there's still a enormous piece missing; it's so close I can feel it but right now that place just feels empty more now than it ever has" She went went on to tell them that she felt something almost click into place when she met Elijah and again with Rebekah but got nothing from Kol. They all stood in silence taking in her words "but enough of my crazy babbling" she chuckled. "You're not crazy little one" 

"What do I have to do Elijah? I'd invite you guys in to talk but I'm a vampire so I can't my mom would have to and I'd rather leave her out of it" Caroline watched as Rebekah and Elijah smiled at each other before turning their attention back to her. "How about we show you something" Elijah tilted his head motioning for her to open the door. Caroline stepped in and was more than shocked when both Elijah and Rebekah came into her house shutting the door behind them. "I know you're both originals but don't you still have to be invited in"

"Yes we do but you invited us, though we never actually used the door we always came through your bedroom window" Rebekah chuckled. "This is getting beyond weird; to invite you in I would have had to be human" she said slowly trying to wrap her head around everything. "In time little angel" Elijah smirked. They sat and discussed the plan and Caroline agreed to it knowing that if it didn't work her friends would hate her forever. "I don't have anything to wear for the dance so dress shopping tomorrow?"

"Of course Bek but just one question pleaseeee?" she smiled her brightest smile and both Elijah and Rebekah agreed. "I feel strongly about you two but nothing from Kol. So if you two are E and R does the K mean Klaus... Did I get this from you?" she asked twirling the chain around her finger. "Yes, we gave it to you for your 9th birthday. K, E & R is indeed for Klaus, Elijah and Rebekah. See you tomorrow Care Bear" Rebekah hugged her. "Goodnight little angel" Elijah said kissing her forehead. "Night guys" Caroline said after they all exchanged numbers and parted ways. "Is she what you expected sister?" Elijah asked as they walked back to the mansion. "She is... My little Caroline is all grown up. I worry for Nik, he's gonna kill one of her best friends, do you think she'll never forgive him"