Part 3

(9 YEARS LATER)

"What the hell do you mean Elena is missing you were supposed to be watching her Damon!" Caroline screamed. "Well that's hard to do with a snapped neck!"

"Guys shut up I can't concentrate with all the yelling" Bonnie snapped as she did a locator spell.

Caroline POV

Elena had been taken AGAIN!!!! I mean I know she's human but like every five seconds someone has to die rescuing Elena, I mean SERIOUSLY. God I long for the days before I knew about vampires, werewolves, witches and dopplegangers. Though I love being a vampire I hate the drama that comes with it and that seems to be constant when you're friends with the famous Petrova Doppleganger; one who refuses to just cut her losses and become a vampire. "It has to be Klaus, he needs Elena to break the curse and become a hybrid. He and the originals have been looking for the human doppleganger for years and if they have her she's dead" Stefan commented pacing the floor worried for his girlfriend's safety. "I found her she's a few towns over" Bonnie yelled showing us her location on a map. Stefan, Damon and I raced off to the location arriving in less than an hour using our super hearing to listen in. "Someone is on their way to get her, there are only two inside we can totally take em" as quickly as Damon spoke a scream came from the inside on the building. We raced inside, there were two bodies missing hearts on the floor but we split up to search for Elena. "I do not wish to harm you, I just want the doppleganger" a smooth almost calming voice said from behind me. I turned to find a man staring at me like he'd seen a ghost; he walked forward slowly "may I?" he asked with his fingertips inches away from my locket. He flipped it open and smiled at me genuinely before closing it quickly letting it fall back against my chest. "Oh my, you're little Caroline" he breathed taking a few steps closer. I wanted to throw my arms around him and hug him... Wait what the hell? He ripped the hearts out of two vampires down stairs, what's wrong with me? "Caroline Forbes yes?" he interrupted. "How do you know my name?"

"What a beautiful young woman you've grown up to be... and you're a vampire"

"Do I know you?" I felt like I knew the sharp dressed man before me but I couldn't remember. "We'll talk soon little angel" he said quickly kissing my forehead making something snap inside me... I suddenly feel empty with him gone. "Where are you barbie let's get out of here" I heard Damon shout at me and I was even more confused that the man pulled out his phone and snapped a picture of me before leaving. "Care are you hurt what's wrong" Damon said appearing before me. "It's nothing" I shook it off and sped away with him, Stefan and an unconscious Elena.

After watching them leave Elijah immediately called Klaus wanting to know his reaction to the photo.

*Phone Call* (on speaker)

K- Ah brother any luck finding the girl?

E- Open the picture I sent you Niklaus

K- I know what the doppleganger looks like Elijah!

"Elijah are you where I think you are!?!... Is that who I think it is?" Rebekah screamed excitedly holding her phone to her chest after coming in on their conversation.

E - Indeed little sister, that beautiful young woman is little Caroline Forbes. I saw her today with the Salvatore brothers rescuing Elena Gilbert the new doppleganger; she's also been turned into a vampire.

K- She's a VAMPIRE!!!!!!

E- Yes brother and a very young one; only 1 to 2 years

Klaus snatched his sister's phone staring at the picture Elijah had taken "She's so beautiful. Our little Caroline is all grown up" he smiled. Klaus never forgot the little girl he was forced to leave nine years ago, neither had Rebekah. 

E - I've already found us a house so gather our things, it's once again time to come home to Mystic Falls