Part 30

"I knew it, he's her mate" Bonnie giggled. "Her what?" Katarina asked. While they were away Bonnie explained to the others about mates as she did to Kol; even telling them that they had found their other halves. "Matt is a human, he always said that this life wasn't for him; how could fate be so cruel as to pair him with a vampire" Rebekah asked. "He doesn't see vampirism they way he once did. Before he had horrible examples, vampires meant danger, killing and loss not family, vacations and fun. We've all given him a different perspective on what being a vampire means" Caroline smiled. 

"Wanna tell me what's wrong Nadi? Somehow I can feel your sadness; I don't want you to be upset, did I do something wrong?" Matt asked after they got far enough away from the others. "I don't want to burden you, you are having such a wonderful time"

"Yes I am, with you... You won't be burdening me I listen to Care and Bonnie all the time" he asked again grabbing her hand interlocking their fingers. "What is this" she motioned between them. "I have never felt the way I feel about you with anyone and I barely know you. When I saw you talking to that human girl I guess I realized that once you return home this will be over. You will go back to your human life, find yourself a human girl to settle down with and I will be a distant memory" she said hanging her head. Matt pulled them to a stop and stared into her eyes seeing them brimmed with tears "I don't have an answer for what we are right now but yes I will go home and finish high school and graduate with my friends... afterward I do believe you offered to show me the world" he smiled watching her face light up though tears fell. "I feel something for you too Nadia, something I've never felt before; something incredibly strong. I don't know what we are now but what I want is to be with you. I won't leave you Nadia"

"You will eventually, you're a human and I know how you feel about vampires and I respect that but I'll live forever that means I'll be forced to watch you die" she cried on his shoulder. "When I said I wouldn't leave you I meant it Nadi. When I first learned of vampires my only references were Damon Salvatore who in less than a month turned and killed my sister, then your mother killed Caroline which is how she turned since Damon's blood was in her system from the car accident; then he tried to kill Care again after finding out she turned, Damon even killed Jeremy. To top it all off Klaus and the others came into the picture killing everyone else. I've gotten to know them now, Damon is still a world class dick but Caroline is a vampire and has never killed a human, Stefan doesn't drink human blood at all and now they all use blood bags. I've realized that vampires are people just like me who watch movies, play drinking games and surf... and I can live with that"

"Matt I-- I don't understand, what are you saying?"

"I'm saying that I want to be with you forever... So after I graduate I want you to turn me" he said wiping her tears with the pad of his thumbs. "You'd do that for me?" she smiled watching him nod. "That means you'll be stuck with me" she laughed pulling him into a soft kiss. "I know this is soon, it makes no logical sense but I love you Matt"

"Hey I'm kinda willing to die for you, so I guess that means I love you too"