Part 18

"Wow he actually blew his daughter's head off" Kol laughed loudly as Bonnie scooted a little closer to him. They'd grabbed some blankets, bottles of bourbon and popcorn deciding to watch the remake of Evil Dead against all the girls pleading. "Two badass vampires and the most powerful witch alive afraid of a little movie" Enzo sneered watching Rebekah pull her knees up to her chest and Katarina sat between Elijah's legs. The huge sectional had been pushed together like giant bed with enough room for everyone to stretch out without being on top of one another to watch the movie. "You alright Bon" Kol asked noticing her small jumps. "Come here darling" he said trying his luck and opened his arms to her; Bonnie shocked him when she crawled into them laying her head on his chest letting him wrap his arms around her waist. "Better?" he asked. "Much" she kissed his cheek and turned back to the movie feeling safe in the young original's arms. "So you find a book bound shut by barbed wire in a basement full of dead cats and your first thought is to read it... Humans are morons" Kol scoffed. "Like you wouldn't read it" Bonnie asked smirking at him. "Of course I would darling I'm immortal" he winked and kissed her forehead. "Hey Enzo David kinda looks like you" Kat commented and everyone shared a quick laugh lightening the atmosphere. "I'm hotter right blondie?" he whispered in Rebekah's ear noticing her shiver. "I'll let you know" she said rolling her eyes. Elijah and Katarina had gone to bed and both Bonnie and Rebekah were holding on to Kol and Enzo tightly not that either of them minded. Kol couldn't focus on anything but the feel of his heart racing in his chest at the feel of the witch wrapped around him; the feeling was foreign but he liked it. He was snapped out of his daze at the sound of Bonnie shrieking before burying her face in the crook of his neck letting her panicked breath tickle his skin. "It's just a movie Bon" Kol whispered lightly stroking her hair. They emptied a bottle and everyone broke off to go to bed. "Do you know where Care is? I should check on her" Bonnie asked Kol while he showed her to a guest room. He held a finger to his lips and stopped in front of a door opening it quietly letting Bonnie peek inside at Klaus and Caroline asleep in his bed "they're good for each other" she smiled as Kol closed the door and lead her down the long hallway to another. "You can sleep in here, my room is down the hall and Rebekah is next door to you if you need anything. Sweet dreams Bonnie" he whispered kissing her cheek and walking away. Bonnie couldn't sleep so she sat cross legged in the middle of the bed thinking about everything that had happened that night. The movie did throw her off a bit and the house was completely dark, the slightest noise made her jump and she couldn't get Kol out of her head; their kiss. She hugged herself remembering the feel of being in his arms while they watched the movie, what he'd said when they were playing questions. He couldn't lie, the spell wouldn't allow it and it made her happy that she wasn't just some random girl that he was ready to toss away when he was done with. Tired of fighting with herself she decided to give in and stepped into the pitch black hallway. "Kol" she said softly knowing he would hear her after realizing she didn't know where his room was in the huge house. "Kol are you awake?" she asked shakily turning when she heard footsteps approaching, "What's wrong" he asked making her jump when he suddenly grabbed her hand. "I-- Can I" she stuttered unable to finish her sentence. Kol held her hand tightly leading her down the hall and into his room closing the door behind them. She was shocked that it was a bit more modern than the rest of the house, she then realized that he was shirtless and she only wore the small pajama shorts and tank top Katarina had given her. Kol lifted the blanket letting her slide in then laid down on the other side of the bed leaving more than a foot of space between them; she thought it was sweet that for once he was trying to be a gentleman. Without thinking Bonnie slid to the middle of the bed then grabbed Kol's hand pulling him toward her smiling at his shocked expression when she tangled her legs with his and laid her head on his chest. "Is this okay?" he asked her after wrapping his arms around her holding her tightly to his chest. "It's perfect" she smiled. "Kol about what you said during the game earlier--"

"I meant it Bonnie, every word and I apologize if I made you feel as though you were just a conquest because I never intended to" he said repositioning himself to allow him to look her in her eyes. " I've never had to be a gentleman before, I've never wanted to be until now... I will try to be better, I promi--" Bonnie caught him off guard when she softly placed her lips on his kissing him passionately. "I love you too, goodnight Kol" she whispered breathlessly. "Goodnight sweetheart"