Part 23

Kol swung Bonnie onto his back and ran with the other's following Klaus quickly passed them using his hybrid speed but suddenly went crashing to the ground screaming in pain along with the other originals. "I'll keep going" Caroline called back to Stefan who was feeding Bonnie his blood to heal her because she got thrown off of Kol's back when he collapsed. Caroline sped into grams house tackling Damon and punching him in the ribs making him let go of Abby. She rolled off and kicked him in the chest to keep him down "Do you wanna die Caroline" he said throwing himself at her but she moved quickly and slammed him down. Damon grabbed a long wooden lamp and shoved it through her stomach and into the wall pinning her there. "Damon stop please" she breathed heavily coughing up blood. "She'll still have you" he said snapping Abbey's neck. "If Bonnie doesn't kill you I will" Caroline growled. "Sorry Barbie" Damon snapped her neck before disappearing.

"It stopped... the pain stopped" Rebekah said heaving. "Is she okay?" Kol asked grabbing Bonnie from Stefan. "She got banged up when you dropped her, I fed her my blood so she's fine"

"Where's Care?" Kat asked looking around. When stefan told them she went ahead to stop Damon from killing Abby they grabbed Bonnie and sped away horrified when they arrived. "Caroline!!! Please be alright" Bonnie was hysterical at the sight of Caroline's body impaled through the wall with a snapped neck and dessicating from the blood loss, then immediately after found her mother dead in the hallway. Klaus was livid as he pulled Caroline down from the wall holding her gently "it almost pierced her heart" he growled looking her over. "What have you done Niklaus" Esther said appearing in the doorway with Finn. "Klaus didn't do this you did" Bonnie screamed turning to face Esther as she chanted; the candles all over the house lit themselves and Ester began to gasp clutching her neck aging before their eyes. Finn tried to stop her but was held back by Elijah and Kol who watched in awe as their mother aged then turned to dust leaving Bonnie unconscious. Rebekah took an earring and pricked her palm and the others saw that they were no longer linked so Kol snapped Finn's neck and they all returned home. Caroline woke and found herself in Klaus' arms "Where's Bonnie? I tried to stop him but--"
"Shhhhh she doesn't blame you love... That lamp post was very close to your heart Caroline why did you go alone; please don't ever do that to us again" Klaus whispered. She grabbed the back of his neck and pulled him into a soft innocent kiss "Thank you for caring so much" she breathed. "Is it bad that I-- I" Klaus cut her off by kissing her again nipping at her lip and exploring her mouth with his tongue. "I love you Caroline, I've loved you for a very long time" he smiled. "I love you too Niklaus" she whispered before getting up to check on her surely distraught friend. "Glad you're okay Care I was just coming to check on you; she's been asking about you since she woke up" Kol said with a smile as he hugged her tightly then left to give them some privacy. Bonnie practically jumped into Caroline's arms when she saw her and they hugged each other tight then were almost immediately joined by Katarina and Rebekah. The girls lounged in bed with Bonnie all day who was shockingly more worried about Caroline than anything. "I never really knew my mother, she left when I was a baby because my dad didn't want me involved in her witchy lifestyle. She was still my mom though" she sniffed. "Care don't you ever almost get yourself killed again" she said pulling her into another hug. "All of you... I can't believe you all were gonna just stand there and die for me. Promise you'll never do that again, I'd rather turn then live without you guys" After washing away the tears they went down stairs and found Elijah, Kol, Klaus and Stefan lounging around the bar, they informed Bonnie that they would take care of the arrangements for Abbey's funeral and offered to pay for everything. They then grabbed drinks and toasted to Abbey, though they were going to accept their fate her death gave them life and they were grateful for it.