Part 10

"To what do I owe this visit?" Katherine asked Klaus when he opened the door to her cell. "You're imprisonment has deeply upset her" he said shaking his head. "You're the one that killed her and that's how she became a vampire but yet she considers you a friend" he growled with a hard stare. Katherine sat back on her bed pulling her knees to her chest feeling the anger roll off of him; Elijah had told her of their history and she was very well aware of how Klaus felt about Caroline. "I would thank her if I were you and protect her in my absence. If any form of hurt comes to Caroline or Elijah and I find that you are the cause I will torture you everyday for what would have been the remainder of your punishment then tear your heart from your chest do you understand me Katarina?"

"No I don't. What are you saying Klaus?"

"I am releasing you from our previous agreement. You are free..."

Months had passed since Klaus had broken the curse and other than a slight werewolf problem things in Mystic Falls were going good. Rebekah and Kol stayed in Mystic Falls along with Elijah and Katherine who'd Klaus set free days after the dinner. Kol and Rebekah still went to school they were actually really close with Bonnie and Caroline; Bonnie and Kol had even gone out on a few dates though the others disapproved. Stefan was cordial since Elena had dumped him to be with Damon and she, Jeremy, Matt, Tyler and Damon kept their distance from the group no matter how hard Caroline tried to combine them. "Elena they really aren't that bad, you should hang out with us one day" Bonnie commented during their girls night. "They killed me, they killed Jenna, Klaus is on a werewolf killing spree right now trying to create more hybrids and Bonnie being with Kol is just irresponsible. They're the originals, we've all heard the stories they aren't capable of real love... What happened to the two of you?" Elena yelled. "The Originals are horrible and Klaus' problems are starting to become ours; Klaus thinks that my blood is the key to creating hybrids so he's coming to kill me. Again" The three sat in silence taking the new information in, Rebekah and Kol had not spoken to their brother since he left so they doubted that they knew anything. "I need your help guys, we know how to get rid of them but we need you two" Elena said with sad eyes. Just then a crash shook Elena's house and the broken voice of Rebekah could be heard from the doorway since they couldn't enter. "I'm gonna kill you doppleganger!" Rebekah shouted. Caroline was downstairs first in attempt to soothe the situation. "Caroline... Bonnie? You helped them didn't you!" Rebekah said with a murderous expression and holding back tears. "Helped them what? I don't even know what's going on?" Caroline yelled voicing she and Bonnie's confusion. "Maybe I was wrong. Maybe you aren't the little girl I remembered you to be" Rebekah whispered. "Bek just tell us what's happened?" Bonnie asked. "You all had better enjoy your next few hours because Nik is on his way back and when he get's here you're all dead" she growled before speeding away. Elena called the others and Stefan, Damon and Tyler were present moments later but Caroline and Bonnie were livid. "What the hell did you guys do?" Bonnie screamed when everyone was present. "We're protecting Elena, something that you and blondie have no interest in doing" Damon smirked. "What have you done Damon?" Caroline snarled exposing her fangs. "We got our hands on some white oak so we could finally get rid of the originals for good, Kol's dead and we have extra stakes for Rebekah and Elijah. Klaus is a different story so we stole his mother's coffin. It's spelled shut so you're going to raise her Bennett so she can kill Klaus" Damon said triumphantly. "YOU BASTARD! You killed Kol!"