Part 5

"It's you" the girl whispered; and Caroline noticed her staring at the locket like Elijah did. "What do you know about this?" Caroline asked motioning to her locket breaking the girl's stare. "You must be Rebekah Mikaelson... When I first met Elijah he started at this necklace too. What do you know about it? Do you know where it came from? How I got it? Who K, E and R is?" Caroline fired off questions. "Rebekah you're an original?" they were interrupted. "Stefan!" she smiled but it faded just as quickly when she saw Elena behind him. "I haven't seen you since the 20's, you're an original... Nik is the hybrid" he commented but was slammed into a locked by a boy. "Stop it Kol!" Rebekah shouted and Kol released him. "Dear sister your precious Stefan is banging the new doppleganger. He's forgotten about you" Kol smirked stepping up to Caroline and kissing her knuckles. "Hello gorgeous, I'm Kol the hot Mikaelson"

"Conceited much" she said pushing Elena behind her. "Aww how cute, protecting your little friend?" he said raising a hand to her and before anyone could do anything Caroline drove a pencil through his hand and the heel of her shoe into his foot smirking. "Keep your hands off her" Caroline growled. "Fighter, I like it" Kol smirked rubbing his hand together. "This is our Vampire Barbie, you got your own" Damon said appearing next to Caroline who rolled her eyes.

"Vampire Barbie how fitting" Kol smirked. "So Vampire Barbie how about you join me for a drink tonight?"

"I'd rather die of thirst but thanks" Caroline smiled as she grabbed Stefan and headed to class. "Niklaus would dagger you if he saw you hitting on her Kol" Rebekah warned before going to class. "So that's her... That's Klaus' nine year old obsession; THE Caroline" he smirked. The week was slow and Caroline spaced out in every class thinking about the Mikaelsons. She had a familiar connection with Elijah and Rebekah but felt nothing around Kol; she wondered what would happen when she finally met the other two Finn and Klaus. "I literally drew you all a freaking picture does no one have vision!!!" Caroline screamed at the decorating crew helping with the set up for the upcoming halloween dance tomorrow night. "You know what thank you all for volunteering but you're all useless I'll do it myself get out" she snapped dismissing everyone. At least with the humans gone I can vamp it... She smiled as everyone left. Caroline zipped around the gym fixing lights when the door opened and Rebekah strolled in "can I help? Two vamps is better than one" she said taking off her jacket. Caroline showed Rebekah her chart and the blondes went to work laughing and talking the entire time. "Well you are quite the visionary Care, this is amazing"

"Thanks Bek, I can't believe you're over 1000 years old and has never been to a dance" Rebekah talked a lot about her brother Klaus and the way she spoke about him gave her conflicting feelings. Sure he is hell bent on killing her friend but he's cursed and it's the only way to break it; he daggered his siblings but he thought he was protecting them... Rebekah often called him selfish and controlling but thought he was lonely and misunderstood. "Care! were you listening?"

"Sorry I spaced"

"Want to grab some dinner? I hear the grill is a popular place" They finished and headed to the grill where they were met by six pairs of disapproving eyes.