Obsidian: Ch. 26-28

Ch. 26-28, NO DUH.

~~~~~~~~'

舵♦囎♦囓♦♅

♀Caged♂

XFrom the per¢eption of KarleyX

\궜✇

Nobody is going to allow Becky to die a second time. Griffon is of course the first one to run forward and slam Morgrim out of the way. Luckily, there's no cut on Becky's neck. Just a very red mark. The rest of us run up to her and make sure she's okay. We can tell she's been crying and screaming for awhile now. Her face is bruised and smudged, cuts lining her arms and legs.

"What did he do, what did he do?" I ask, wiping Becky's face with a cloth I wet from my backpack. Becky shakes her head.

"He just tried beating me up and then starting cutting my arms and legs to make you guys hear," she replies. "He didn't get that far. But he... he has those items..."

"I know. He's told us about it. It's okay. You're safe now." After I've cleaned her face and wounds, she runs over and hugs Kylynn.

"I missed you so much, Becky," Kylynn says.

"I did, too," Becky answers." Behind us, we can hear the grunts and yells from the Immortals. Just like the fight in the quintiverse. They never seem to stop. Suddenly, Griffon crashes beside us and something falls above us. I notice it's a cage. A metal floor begins to slide under our feet and we're forced to jump over it. An electrical current turns on around the cage, sparkling with blue. Griffon can't even get through without getting shocked back. I don't know how Morgrim did this, but there's no way we can escape now unless we want to get electrocuted to death. Kylynn shoots an arrow at the force field just to see if it will do anything, but it just flies back, the tip burnt black.

"You aren't getting out this time," Morgrim says, coming up to the cage. "You'll be coming with me all the way to the megaverse, watching me destroy your precious universe." He reaches into a pocket in his belt and pulls out the steaming rock we saw before. My eyes grow wide when he throws it in the cage without it getting electrocuted. Immediately, we try throwing it back out, but it won't go through. "You guys have fun with that rock. I'll be dragging you along as I find my next item." He goes a few feet forward and grabs a rope that attaches to the cage. Because of his strength, it's no challenge for him to pull it along. "Oh, and if any of you try to plan something or escape, each one of you will be treated with pain." Then he turns around and begins to walk towards the cave that I hoped we didn't have to go through before.

Soon enough, the steaming rock that sits in front of us will make us start to fight and argue in a matter of minutes. And I can't help myself from saying the next sentence.

"You know, this is all Becky's fault," I say. "If she never got to know Belgrim, we wouldn't be in this fucking mess."

"It's not my fault, Karley!" Becky yells in reply. "Belgrim hacked into my computer. It's not my fault I met him."

"If you just left him alone, that would have been fine. Instead of dating him for two minutes on Wizard101!"

"Shut up!" I end up tackling Becky, and we punch each other until Griffon tears us apart.

"We are not going to let the rock get to us," he orders. "It doesn't affect me as bad, but you guys need to stop. Morgrim's trying to tear us apart." I feel like punching Griffon, but I will not break my hand. Instead, I hit the bottom of the cage as hard as I can. "Karley, settle down." I decide to curl into a ball and sleep. While I drift off to the sound of the cage scraping against the grassy field, I hear my friends arguing, sometimes fist fighting, and Kylynn very upset about how she's lost her telekineses now. Eventually, I fall completely asleep to them. It's a dreamless sleep. I feel like I'm half awake, though I hear or feel nothing. Soon, a weight is lifted off me. The heaviness and trapped emotions I felt with the steaming rock are now gone.