Part 2

Rebekah started joining Klaus on his visits. She and and Caroline played in each other's hair, did nails and all the girly things since Caroline's mom was the sheriff of the police she was often left alone at night anyway. She'd even gotten a chance to meet Elijah in the year they'd known each other. On the night of her 9th birthday Caroline and Klaus were in the woods by the waterfall. "Happy Birthday little Caroline. This is from Elijah and Rebekah too" he said when Rebekah joined them handing her a velvet box. It was a sliver necklace with a diamond heart shaped locket and inside it read Forever in our hearts, Always and Forever K,E&R "This is awesome thanks she said hugging them both"

"Caroline we mean what that locket says and you'll always be in our hearts, but Nik and I have to go away for a little while"

"What are you talking about Rebekah!?!" Klaus asked turning to face Elijah who'd appeared in the clearing. "He's here Niklaus, we must go now if we're not to be found" he said calmly. "Who's here? Nik, Bek what's going on?" Caroline said with wide fearful eyes holding on to his waist. "Forgive me for scaring you Caroline it was not my intention but I give you my word that we will meet again"

"You're scared... You guys aren't afraid of anything" Caroline whispered knowing he could hear her. "We are but only when it comes to you. You alone little angel are my brother's savior and we only want to protect you. I look forward to meeting you again little Caroline" he kissed her forehead before disappearing. Both Niklaus and Rebekah sped to Caroline's house and into her room. "My father is trying to kill us and I don't want him to hurt you because he can't hurt me. Do you understand love?" Klaus asked as he sat her on the bed and she nodded her head. "Will you, Bek and Elijah come back?"

"We will when it is safe, I promise" Rebekah whispered hugging her softly and kissing her cheek. "When you come back then can I be like you?" she asked innocently. Niklaus and Rebekah stared at each other stunned. "You don't want to be this way, it's amazing sometimes but others it's scary Care Bear you don't want this" Rebekah finally spoke up. "I want to be with Nik forever and you and Elijah, I never got to meet Kol" she sniffed. "How about we talk about it when we come back love" and she silently agreed. "Until we return I have to hide your memories of us but when I come back I promise I will give them all back"

"You're going to compel me?"

"Yes... I will never forget you; I promise to see you again little one, Rebekah and Elijah too" he said letting a tear fall as he placed her necklace around her neck. "Be careful guys, I'll miss you" Caroline sniffed wiping his tears away and kissing his cheek. "Goodbye for now little sister" Rebekah sniffed hugging Caroline one last time before Niklaus looked into her eyes. "You will forget about me, Rebekah and Elijah; you will also forget all things supernatural. You will forget until I myself allow you to remember... Sleep now my lovely Caroline" he whispered catching her as she fell forward into his arms. He tucked her in once more and lightly kissed her head "we will come back won't we brother?"

"Only when it's safe... I won't put her in danger" he whispered stroking her head before rising. "What is it about that little girl? I just-- I love her so much; I wish we could take her with us Nik"

"You and me both sister, you and me both" he said taking one last look before speeding into the night.

*****JUST TEASERS... CHAPTERS WILL BE LONGER *****