Love

Sorry, I've been looking for a perfect way to end this fic and I've never been happy with one until this one so I'm posting it before I get a chance to change my mind.
I CANT BELIEVE THIS IS THE LAST PROPER CHAPTER!! How did we end up here?!
I hope I've found an alright ending for you, I'll do a whole cheesy soppy authors note in the next chapter so I won't say too much more here...
I hope you enjoy the final chapter;
I love you all lots and Thankyou so much for reading;commenting;voting!
~Emma xxx
--------
I threw my hair up into a loose ponytail and threw on my dressing gown. I applied a little concealer but not much. I'm too worried to do much with myself.

I was sat up on the bed, staring at the door. It's been nearly an hour and nobodies told me how my baby is.

Joe was still here and Alfie was sitting on the bed with me, his arm loosely draped around me. His phone started to vibrate and he checked it.

"That's Mum," He whispered. "She wants to know how the baby is."

I sat in silence, staring at the wall. We haven't told anyone anything apart from I was going into hospital. I don't feel like telling people right now.

Joe must've noticed my distance and sighed.

"Alfie, mate, maybe just leave it for now," He suggested, Alfie nodded and then kissed my cheek.

"I'm sure we'll be able to see her soon, darling," Alfie smiled, kissing my cheek again. "I love you lots."

"Mhmm," I nodded, not really paying that much attention. The only person I want to concentrate right now is my baby.

My baby who I know nothing about, who I can't even see, who I haven't even got to hold. The baby that I haven't seen but still love with all my heart.

The door shut and Francesca came wandering in, she was smiling, i hope that's a good thing.

"Hello Zoe, how are you?" She asked, sitting on the chair next to the bed.

"How'sthebaby?" I asked, really quickly. I wasn't interested in her little polite actions, I just wanted to know.

She glanced over at Joe and Alfie shook his head.

"He's fine, he's Zoe's brother."

She smiled at him quickly and then looked back over at me.

"Well I'm pleased to say that, baby Deyes is stable. She still needs assistance breathing and after examinations, will possibly have muscle or growth difficulties in future," She smiled, warmly.

"What does that mean?" I asked, worried for my baby girl.

"She may just be smaller than the others in her year at school or may need physio as her muscles develop. Zoe, I can assure you, this isn't rare and there could be much worse things that could've happen to her," She reassured me, rubbing my arm. She looked at my worried face and then smiled.

"Would you like to see her?" She asked .

I nodded and then jumped up. My legs still hurt so I was a little wobbly on my feet.

Alfie took my hand and then walked me along the corridor. I was shaking, it was only Alfie keeping me steady.

The nurse opened the room to the baby wing and I was shocked at what I saw.

There had to be around 20 tiny babies in there. They were all in the same things our baby was placed into.

The room was so still and peaceful, all that could be heard were tiny beeps coming from heart monitors.