Emotional

Aloha, it's Sunday and I'm having a really lazy day at home so I thought I'd give you a quick update! Also wanted to say a massive thankyou for 7k reads and almost 500 votes, it's really incredible and I'm so so grateful
Love you all!!
~Emma xx
------
"Okay, stay calm Zoe!" The midwife cried. "I'm getting the ambulance there as fast as I can. Get some towels and hot water, the most important thing is that the mother is as comfy as possible!"

I put the midwife on speaker phone and ran to the kitchen and cupboard and grabbed everything I needed. As I ran back to the living room, the door burst open and a breathless Jonathan stood there.

"I'm sorry," He shouted. "Where is she?"

I ran to the living room and he followed me there.

"Anna!" He breathlessly cried, kissing her forehead.

"Where the hell have you been?" Anna shouted, through the pain. "Ow, ow, ow , ow!"

"Zoe, who's there now?" Veronica asked.

"Jonathan, I'm the baby's father and Anna's husband! Where's the ambulance?"

"On it's way sir. Please stay calm. Anna, I need you to listen to me. Whenever you feel ready, start pushing," The phone suggested.

"I'm ready!" She screamed.

"5 seconds, go.."

It went on and on like this for a while, I wasn't really involved much. Jonathan and I were swapping which end we were at on and off but after a while, I ran to the door to go see where the ambulance was.

I saw flashing lights at the end of the street and waved my hands, manically. I'm very stressed, panicked and tired, I just want this to be over and Anna and the baby safe.

The paramedics came running in and rushed to her side. The midwife I'd been on the phone ran in and did her job. I excused myself to outside and went to go check on Emilia and Eduardo. I wouldn't be much use, I wasn't a medical expert.

I sat around upstairs for a while until I heard lots more screaming but then it eventually stopped. Everything went silent for a while and I panicked. What happened? The silence vanished as the beautiful sound of a baby's cry echoed through the house and I let out a huge sigh.

"Zoe!" Jonathan shouted, running upstairs towards me.

"Come see!" He smiled, leading me through to the living room. I slowly trailed behind him and ignored the blood that was on the floor, I really hate blood. I seemed to forget about all the gross stuff all around me when I saw the sight in front of me. Anna look exhausted,as anybody that's just experienced that should, but she looked so happy at the same time.

The love that she had in her eyes for the little bundle she was holding in her arms was so obvious and beautiful, it just made me so happy. It reminded me how special that moment was, the first minute you see your child. It's indescribable and you'll possibly never understand it unless you've experienced it yourself. It made me want another baby... That's not the main priority now though.

I might bring that up with Alfie later...

I forget about my thoughts and walked, quietly over to the little scene in front of me. Anna held a tiny little boy in her arms that had a surprising amount of hair on its head already. I giggled slightly and rubbed my finger over his tiny forehead, he was gorgeous.

I gave Anna a huge smile and she beamed right back at me.

"He's so precious," Anna whispered. "And I know that's a terrible way to describe him but it's the only way I can describe him right now."

I giggled and then nodded in agreement.

"We're going to take mother and baby to hospital soon," Veronica smiled, Anna nodded.

"Can he just meet his siblings? Just so they can see him before we go?" Anna choked, she'd suddenly got very emotional. The midwife nodded as Jonathan came back in holding onto Emilia and Eduardo's hands.

Emilia's face lit up and she ran towards Anna whereas Eduardo was more reserved. He held onto Jonathan's hand and let him lead the way. Emilia was kissing his forehead and rubbing his head by the time Eduardo got there and gently rubbed his feet.

They looked really happy, and that made me happy. I took a picture on my phone for them and then sent it in our group chat, just to make sure they got it.

"Have you got a name picked out?" I whispered, breaking the silence.

"Well, we were thinking maybe Ezekiel, I don't know why just because," Jonathan shrugged.

"Oh that's beautiful!" I gasped, running my finger over the little boys head.
(Pronounced I-zee-kale)
"Ezekiel Oscar SacconeJoly," Anna whispered, lovingly to the baby. "I think it suits him."

"Bye bye baby zelkel," Eduardo whispered as Jonathan walked them back to the room and the paramedics helped get Anna out into the ambulance to go to hospital.

I was going to stay with the kids while they went to the hospital and then take them there in the morning to meet them.

I went upstairs and lay in the spare bedroom after giving Emilia and Eduardo a hug. I looked through my phone and looked at the picture id took and then pictures of my own family.

Being here today made me realise how much I wanted a little brother or sister for the twins. I always only wanted 2 but now I can, I want 3.

Whether Alfie will is another question..