Kicks

Sorry, my internets been slow so I haven't been able to upload! I hope you enjoy this chapter, hope you guys are all okay too :)
-----
"Will I like my little brother or sister?" Danielle suddenly asked while we were cuddling on the sofa.

Alfie had taken Patrick out for football practice so I was spending the day with Dannii. I offered to take her out somewhere but she said she wanted to stay home.

Honestly, I'm happy about that, I can't be bothered to drag my pregnant ass around a farm or something all day. I'd much prefer Disney movies, blankets and popcorn with my baby girl.

"Well I'd hope you'd love them," I giggled, resting my head gently on top of hers.

She stayed silent for a moment, as if she was deep in thought. Danielle comes out with some funny things for her age, this one seemed more confusing than most.

It's not exactly the first thing that comes to a four year olds mind when they're talking about they're sibling.

"My new best friend Sophie doesn't like her brother," She mumbled. "She says that he always cries and doesn't want to play any games with her."

I thought about this for a moment. If Alfie was here, there was a 60% chance that he might go off it with her. My approach would be different, I just don't quite know what my approach to this will be.

"Should I not have said that?" Danielle sniffed as if she was about to cry.

"No sweetie, it's fine don't worry," I assured her, kissing her head. "Babies do cry a lot and at the moment, they'll be too little for you to play with so I know what Sophie was saying."

She nodded her head and then wiped her nose with her sleeve. I ignored that part because I hate it when they wipe it on their clothes that I spend hours washing and drying and ironing.

I sound like my mother now, I'll stop.

"If you don't like something your brothers doing or you don't like him at that moment, would you tell me?" I asked, that's what I want her to do.

"Yeah, but I think I will like it," She giggled, placing both her little hands on the little bump I had.

I was around 15 weeks now and you could more or less tell it was a baby bump now, I'd kind of come out of that awkward stage where nobody can tell whether you're pregnant or whether you've just gained a little weight.

That has to be the most awkward stage ever...

"Mummy!" Patrick squealed as he ran in the house. "I scored a goal!!"

"Wow, what a clever boy you are!" I exclaimed hugging him. Alfie laughed as Patrick jumped onto the sofa next to us and put his hands on the bump like Danielle was doing.

"We were talking about how if it was a boy, Patrick could play football with his little brother," Alfie nodded.

I laughed and shook my head.

"Well maybe," I smiled, kissing Patrick's forehead.

Danielle and Patrick began whispering and giggling to eachother. They then turned around to face me and Alfie, their hands still placed on my bump.

"Mummy can we go out and get some dinner?" Danielle giggled.

"Please, please?" Patrick asked, they were both giving us 'puppy eyes'. The same puppy eyes they give us whenever they want something.

The same puppy eyes they give us and we always cave into.

"Uhm, I don't know," Alfie started, shaking his head.

"Please!" Danielle and Patrick begged in a high pitched voice at the same time.

"Ooh!" I cried. Patrick and Danielle began moving their hands about on my belly, looking confused and nervous.

"Mummy, what happened?" Patrick asked, worriedly.

I giggled and put my hand on his head, ruffling my hand through his hair.

"I guess the baby just likes the sound of it's big brother and sister's voices," I giggled. "That or they really want to go out for food to."

"What happened Zoe?" Alfie asked, worriedly. He obviously thought I was lieing to the kids to calm them down.

"The baby started kicking," I smiled, reaching up to grab his hand and place it on my stomach.

I felt the baby move again and Alfie's face lit up, the same way it did with the twins, as soon as he felt it.

"Can you feel that kids?" Alfie asked, excitement clear in his voice. The twins nodded and wrapped their arms around me after taking their hands off the bump.

Alfie looked at us and then pulled a pet-lip. I laughed slightly, waiting to see what would happen now.

"Is their any room for Daddy to cuddle?" Alfie whined, looking at the kids.

I would've been slightly worried if Alfie was speaking to me and wanting me to call him Daddy, especially in front of the kids. I was also probably not going to call him Daddy ever so you know...

Patrick laughed and shook his head. Alfie began to start crying and then rolled on the floor, throwing a temper tantrum like the kids do.

"Don't worry, I'll give you a special cuddle later," I smiled, not meanings anything other than a cuddle.

"Okay," Alfie sat straight up with a smug look on his face. "I can wait then."

I shook my head at him and began laughing with the kids.

I'm glad they were the first ones to feel the kicks, especially now they think it was special to them. That means we had to be doing something right, right?