Think Things Through...

"Wait, Zoe, are you sure?" Alfie whispered. I nodded slowly. "Zoe, you can still do youtube. You love it, you can't give it up."

I shook my head, determined that this one thing would go right.

"Seeing Louise today, how happy she was, it just made it seem so much easier, I guess," I shrugged. "I can't physically and mentally handle it anymore Alfie, it's not worth it anymore. I'm not popular anymore."

"But, it was never about that," Alfie begged. I shook my head and walked out the room.

"We'll talk about this later," I shrugged, following Patrick to Danielle's room. Alfie followed behind, a scowl plastered on his face. I'm not entirely bothered, if he's going to huff, I'll let him.

Poppy was still shaking, a little less violently, but I felt so bad for her.

"I can't even look after them for a day, Sean. How am, I meant to look after this one all the time!" Poppy cried. I gasped, I guess she hadn't realised we were there.

"Oh My God Pops!" Alfie cried, hugging her.

She giggled nervously and then smiled at me. I mouthed congrats and then went back to listening to how Danielle fell down the stairs.

She was playing dress up and decided to wear my 'princess shoes'. She then thought it would be clever to go downstairs in them, of course this led to falling down 3 flights of stairs and breaking a leg and brushing an arm. 3 year olds are full of bright ideas, without fail.

"Hi, which one of you is Danielle's parent?" The doctor asked reading off of a clipboard. Alfie and I stepped forward. "Well, Danielle has broken the leg as you know, that should heal in 6-8 weeks with fortnightly check ups. Meanwhile, make sure she rests up and doesn't do much movement on the leg while it heals. Other than that, unless you have any questions, we're done here. If I could just get you to sign here," He pointed to a dotted line.

I signed my name quickly and then Alfie scooped up Danielle in his arms, like a baby. I grabbed a hold of Patrick's hand and we walked out the hospital. I thanked Poppy and Sean while strapping them in the car and then drove back home.

"Mummy, my leg hurts," Danielle moaned, clutching her bright pink cast.

"It will sweetie, it might feel a bit better in the morning. You'll need to go home and go to bed!" I smiled, looking back briefly through my wing mirrors. Patrick was already flat out, bless.

We arrived home with two sleeping children. We carried them into the house and then lay them on the sofas.

"I'll sleep down here tonight, to keep an eye," Alfie suggested, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Well then Ill join you," I whispered, kissing his hands.

"You don't have to, little one," Alfie mumbled, brushing his lips over my neck. I giggled at the contact and spam around to face him, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Wherever you are, I want to be. I feel safer," I grinned, putting our noses together.

Alfie closed the gap between our faces and connected our lips to share a slow, sweet kiss. Alfie then slid his tongue across my bottom lip, so I opened my mouth a little wider for him to slip his tongue into. His tongue swirled around in my mouth the same way it always has. I groaned as he wrapped his alarms around my arse and pulled me up, my legs wrapped around his torso.

The kiss got deeper and I loved every minute of it. This is the closest I've been with Alfie for a while, we just never get the time. I suddenly snapped out of my daydream.

Alfie whimpered slightly as I pulled away and looked cluelessly at me.

"The twins! They are too innocent!" I smirked, he just laughed and kissed me again.

"I love you little one," Alfie whispered, laying me down on the floor.

He lay down next to me and pulled me closer.

"I love you so much Alfie."

"So this youtube thing," He whispered, my head resting on his shoulder. I shook my head.

"We'll talk about this later, don't ruin the moment," I whispered.

Alfie snuggled me closer so I was resting my head on his shoulder. I drifted away, knowing I was safe in his loving arms. Just the way I've always loved it.