Picture Perfect

Haii! I've been at the hospital all day so that's why I've only just posted, so sorry!! I hope you enjoy this and I'll be interested to see who can spot a reference to the first book here(comment on the lines when you realise) ;)
Remember to vote/comment/ share
---------
"Mummy, where are we going?" Danielle giggled as I buckled her in the car.

"I don't know chick, Daddy hasn't told me," I whispered, kissing her forehead. She smiled and kissed my cheek as well, she's so cute.

Alfie's been trying to cheer me up and it's been working, I'm not feeling as bad anymore, maybe I'll finally get back to normality...

I sat in the car and turned the radio up, I giggled as Danielle tried to sing along to the songs but failed miserably. Patrick was playing silently with his dinosaurs, he looked gorgeous playing with them. I could gaze at the two of them all day, they really are my world and I don't know why I ever thought I could let them go.

I was so engrossed in watching them, I didn't even notice that we'd started moving. I giggled lightly and turned to face the way we were going.

"What we doing today then mister," I asked, putting my hand on Alfie's leg while we were driving.

"Well, I wanted to spend some time with my family," He smiled, winking at me. "I think you'll love it."

I nodded, thoughtfully and stared out the window at the fields were driving past. I never realised how nice this place could be until now. I started humming along to the radio and rested my head back on the seat, this is like how I used to be... Maybe I'm going to get back to how I was.

We drove to an old country park with gorgeous green grass stretching as far as the eye could see. The lawns were decorated in floral patterns running along the edges and then flower and vegetable patches growing in the centre. At the end there was a huge building with grand steps running up to it. It really was breath taking, I couldn't believe it..

Alfie opened the door for me while holding onto each of the twins hands, Nala and a picnic basket. I grabbed onto Patrick hand and got the things so Alfie had enough hand space to carry Danielle. It was a pain in the butt having a child with a broken leg.

"Would here for a picnic sound good?" Alfie asked, pointing to a spot right in the sun. I nodded eagerly and helped Alfie put the rug down. We kicked off my shoes and sat down on the rug, the kids following my actions. I poured some water out for Nala and then tied her lead down on her dog wicket thing.

Alfie handed out some sandwiches which were cut into cute little triangles. I unwrapped the twins' and then began eating mine. The birds were tweeting and while there was a cool breeze blowing, it was quite hot. I really loved this place, it was so beautiful and peaceful.

I smiled and lay back on the grass after finishing up my food.

"You okay there darling?" Alfie asked, starting to laugh a little. I sat back up and nodded, a huge smile plastered on my face. "Good, good."

Patrick got up and started routing around in the basket, he was probably looking for food. He eventually found what he was looking for and pulled out a penny floater football. He pointed excitedly at it and started squealing.

"Football!" He shouted, throwing it down on the floor and kicking it. Alfie quickly got up and started chasing after him. I giggled at the sight. I took a picture on my phone, which looked very tumblry and I'm very proud of it, and then turned to look at Danielle. She had her arms crossed and a pout on her face.

"Here," I smiled, reaching over and picking some daisies. "Help Mummy make a daisy chain?"

She nodded excitedly and reached over into the grass and picked some flowers. We chatted about princesses and fairies and flowers for a while until the lads came back looking warn out. By the time they did, we'd managed to make a chain as long as my arms which I was super duper proud of. I took a picture on my phone and smiled, giddily.

Today's been perfect, I couldn't have asked for anything better. This is just how I pictured my life as a family to be, Nala scuttling around on the grass, the boys playing football while I relaxed in the sun making Daisy chains. Of course, having a little girl with a broken leg wasn't the plan but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I mean everything happens for a reason and we all make mistakes, right?

I'm just so glad I did stay because if I hadn't, I would've missed out on all this, and that would've been unbearable..