Mothering

Short chapter, sorry! Schools really hard at the moment so I'm struggling to find time to update.
Also, since it's world mental health day, I'd just like to say how it seems to have become 'fashionable' to have a mental illness... It defiantly is not fashionable when you have it. Infact, I'd give anything to get rid of it. Some days you don't even want to wake up and I can't cope with everything. So it's not cool to have anxiety or any other mental illness for that matter, sending big hugs to all you beautiful people❤️
-------

"Zoe, you can't stress about her!" Alfie ordered, placing his hands on his hips.

"I'm not stressing!!" I yelled for what felt like the thousandth time that day.

"What do you call this then?" He shouted, shaking his head at me.

"Fuck you!" I yelled, storming off upstairs like a teenager.

Who was Alfie to parent me? If anything his whole mothering me act was making me stressed. I wish he'd remember he actually had a pair and stop acting like a girl!"

"Crap," I hissed, clinging onto my bump. I sat down on the floor and let out a sharp breath.

I had to breathe heavily for a moment but then it passed. Apparently it's normal for this to happen, it's when the baby's moving. I can't let her move much more.

Eloise still hasn't called or texted me. It's been nearly 2 weeks. I think she rang her brother but he won't tell anyone what happened. I wish he would, I'm not even interested in chasing after her. I just need to know she's okay.

That being said I know she'll get through whatever shit is happening just from knowing her a week but still, I'm a little concerned to say the least.

As if on cue, I got a text from her husband Davy. He'd somehow managed to find my number so he could ask if I knew anything when she first went missing.

'Jason spilt. She's fine, I'm going out there to talk to her. Thanks for everything.'

I let out a huge sigh of relief and then shouted up the stairs for Alfie. I felt a lot calmer now.

I'm blaming hormones and crap for all this.

"What? Have I stopped pissing you off now?" Alfie said, hurt clear in his tone.

"I'm sorry baby, I really am," I sniffed, getting up to go hug him. He didn't moved for a few seconds, but I think he worked out that I wasn't moving until he hugged me back.

Clever lad.

"I just, don't know how much longer I can take it. Zoe, you're my world and you're harming yourself and the baby. It's the hardest thing in the world to stand back and let you do that to yourself. It's one of the only things I can have some control over," He whispered, kissing my cheek.

"They found her," I smiled into his neck.

"Good," He replied, swaying me back and forth. "Now you can focus on you without the worry."

"One more thing," I mumbled. I'd been thinking this next thing over for a while, almost two weeks actually.

"Anything princess," He replied, taking my hand.

"Well..." I began.

Alfie just sat there nodding. He didn't interrupt me the whole time.

"No, I think it's a great idea," Alfie smiled, kissing me quickly.

"Yeah?" I smiled, my whole face lighting up.

"Yeah, besides I really like that for our girl anyway," Alfie shrugged, I launched myself at him for a hug. "It makes you this happy too, so that makes me happy."

"I love you," I whispered, kissing him again.

I felt my phone ring from my back pocket. I quickly glanced at it, it was just Joe I could call back later.

"I love you more Zoe," Alfie laughed, kissing me back, passionately.

I squealed as he began tickling me. Once I'd caught my breath again I began tickling him right back.

Yeah, I know... we're weird.