The Bump

As if I've just done a 5 mile run, never been so proud of myself tbh so yeah☺️ Hope you enjoy this chapter- I kinda really like it. Thankyou for reading, again!
I love you all
~Emma xx
----------
I changed into my dungarees and a fairly plain white t-shirt underneath it. The kids had gone off to my Mum's because she wanted to spend some time with them before she goes on holiday.

I don't mind, obviously I miss them lots but it gives me a chance to finish this weeks articles and then start on the room moving about.

We eventually decided that we were going to get rid of the playroom because the twins don't actually use it and move our bedroom into their as its big enough to be a bedroom. I also discovered I'd really need the office with my new job otherwise I wouldn't get any work done.

The new baby is going to have our current room but is going to sleep in a crib at the end of our bed for at least the first couple of months, just so we can be close to them.

It might take a lot of work but we'll manage it, after all we've got another 7 months to sort it out.

I had a quick lunch that Alfie made, emailed Claire my column and then headed up to the playroom.

I grabbed a small step ladder and started picking up the crates of toys and emptying them out onto the floor, trying to make the boxes of toys smaller. If Alfie saw the mess I was making, he'd have a fit!

I'd finished the first box by the time Alfie came up to help and as he walked in the room, I was climbing up the step ladder and reaching up to grab the second box.

"Woah, Zoe! You can't be doing that, you have to be careful!" Alfie shouted, running over to me.

I put the box down and swotted him away, reaching to grab another box.

"Go away man, I'm fine," I laughed, pushing him back slightly. I grabbed another box and smirked to myself.

As I put the box down, I pretended to wobble and grabbed onto the top to stop me from falling.

"Woah!" I screamed, putting on all the theatrics.

"Don't do that Zoe!" Alfie screamed at me but then looked at me, smiling. "Go back to how you were standing."

I gave him a funny look and stretched my arms above my head.

He walked over to me and placed his hands on my stomach, and began rubbing gently.

"That wasn't here this morning," He whispered, excitedly.

"What wasn't?" I laughed at his weird actions, what was he doing?

He took my hand and took my down the stairs to look in our full length bedroom mirror. He stood me to the side and I gasped, I could see why Alfie was getting so excited.

I had the smallest of curves peeping out from under my dungarees. It was the cutest little baby bump, I never really had a really tiny one with twins as there was two of them.

"Oh My God," I whispered, cradling my ever so slightly swollen belly. "It's happening!"

"Now it's really properly real," Alfie mumbled in amazement. I laughed as Alfie picked me up and span me round, kissing me repeatedly on the lips.

I shrieked and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"There's actually a little baby in there," I whispered once Alfie had put me down. "It's magical really how my body has 4 hands, 2 noses and 4 legs right now."

"When you put it like that you sound like your an alien," Alfie chuckled, I rolled my eyes at him and shook my head.

"Maybe I am," I squealed, grabbing the box and tipping it on the floor. Alfie shook his head disapprovingly at me but then helped me to sort it out.

We sat for about an hour just sorting stuff out and when it eventually looked like we were getting somewhere and most of the boxes were sorted, we decided to move.

Mainly because I couldn't sit down anymore otherwise I wouldn't be able to get back up.

"Do you want to go out for food?" Alfie asked, grabbing my hand.

I shook my head.

"I still can't eat much," I whispered. "My worst nightmare at the minute is to go and sit in a building with smells of food everywhere."

"That's fine," Alfie laughed.

"I'd rather just have a movie night with the kids and Rice Krispies," I laughed, Alfie nodded and gave me a hug.

"Whatever floats your boat," He kissed my cheek and took me downstairs. "Could your stomach not even manage chocolate Rice Krispies?"

I pulled a face and then laughed.

"Chocolates worth a try," I giggled, as I walked to the kitchen and helped Alfie get the stuff down.

So that's how the night went, chocolate Rice Krispies in a bowl (that I didn't eat because i wanted to throw up just looking at it) for dinner and Disney movies until all of us, including the kids when they came back, fell asleep on the sofa all cuddled together: