Chapter 37

By the afternoon, the sun was scalding hot.

Taehyung touched his forehead and realized that he was still burning up.

Damn it! His fever had yet to break.

At this moment, the ocean was very calm.

Jungkook had only eaten a few slices of shark meat last night. He needed to eat something before taking the fever-reducing medicine again.

Taehyung sliced a few thin slices of the half-dried shark meat and fed it to him. However, he could not swallow in his unconscious state.

He was helpless and could only tug the pieces of meat out from his mouth. He then chewed it up and fed it to him with a kiss.

He wasn’t being stingy. They only had around two and a half kilograms of fish meat. Since yesterday, they had both eaten some of it.

He had also dried up a portion of it.

Now, they only had around one and a half kilograms of fish meat left.

If they failed to find land in time, this would be their only source of food. He needed to ration it as well as he could.

He chewed on more pieces of fish meat and fed it to him. When he failed to swallow, he brought out the small bottle of water he had collected and fed some to him.

He then made him take another dose of fever reducing medicine.

With his repeated actions, the bottle of water was quickly emptied. But thankfully, he had unconsciously eaten a quarter of a kilogram of fish meat.

He ate a little of the food himself.

He checked the remaining meat and saw that they had around a kilogram left.

He kept the remaining food into the first aid kit and began to think about the shark’s corpse from earlier.

It had been especially large.

It would have been sufficient to keep them alive for days.

It was a pity that given the circumstances, he could only retrieve a small portion of its meat.

The afternoon sun was scalding and taehyung's skin felt as if it was being burnt.

His fair skin had turned red due to the burn.

At this rate, they would both become especially tanned.

However, he realized their survival wasn’t even confirmed. Whether they ended up tanned or not was secondary.

“tae…” jungkook murmured to himself in his unconscious state.

His weak voice could barely be heard. Still, it left him deeply moved.

Even in his current state, he was thinking of him. It was clear that this man loved him dearly.

He was really, really, really thirsty!

He really wished he had water to drink. His throat was painfully dry again.

He saw that jungkook's lips had also cracked.

However, he did not have any more methods to resort to. They were floating amidst the ocean and he could not obtain pure water.

He was looking forward to the evening. It would be best if he could collect more water then.

It was a pity that the more he looked forward to something, the slower time seemed to pass. The seconds seemed to be moving at a tenth of its speed.

In order to reduce the likelihood of a heatstroke, at times, he would pour some sea water over both their heads.