72. The Promise

The Promise

(a month after)

Axel finalized the change of name of his company. It is now Taylor-Moore Estate. He also had Ava as the co-owner, making him, Lawrence, and Ava own it. They held a party celebrating and announcing the change of ownership, and to officially introduce Ava to every investor and shareholders.

***

(December, 2024)

The Mafia men have opened their new organization, Home For The Angels, which was named after the Angels' Orphanage where Ava grew up. The apartment unit that Axel bought for Ava two years ago was made into a home office, which the people who work for the organization can use anytime.

They also organized another Christmas party at the orphanage, as usual. This time, Argus and Isabel are with them. They played games and enjoyed their gift giving. The Mafia men have bowed to commit to the annual celebration.

***

(The New Year)

After their second New Year's party together, they went to Japan. It's another favorite place of the girls, and their men were very glad to comply. They brought the twins and Zayn, as well as Ava's dad and mom, Felix and Amara.

Felix and Amara had grown closer to the girls, especially that they all lack parents. The girls considered Ava's parents as their own, just as much as Felix and Amara were treating them as their children.

***

The following months, Christopher and Emery got married, then Xavier and Ariela two months after. During the reception of Xavier's and Ariela's wedding, Argus proposed to Isabel and they got married by November.

***

(April, 5 years later)

5-year-olds Kayson and Kayden were running around the garden with two husky puppies chasing them.

Two months ago, the Mafia men went to Chile to aid Christopher on another rescue mission. They were able to save hundreds of dogs from an illegal dog breeding farm.

The two huskies were just two of the puppies which were born days before. Axel and Lawrence decided to get them for their twins. The other Mafia men also adopted dogs from that farm. The rest were sent to the rescue shelters and the others were shipped to the US for their new family.

Kayson and Kayden were so excited to get the puppies. But even though they have their own dogs now, they still play with Mikolas and Gustav. Mikolas and Gustav were also welcoming of the new puppies.

Meanwhile, Ava was on a mat on the grass, leaning against Mikolas, while Gustav was under her knees and legs. She was reading a book while listening to the screams and laughter of her twins and the barks of the puppies.

A few moments later, Ava got stiff, and Mikolas and Gustav seemed to know. They moved to sniff her belly and they started whining, then barking.

Kayson and Kayden got alarmed hearing their mom's silent groans. They immediately ran to her and checked her.

"Mama, are you okay?"

Kayson asked as he held his mom's arm, while Kayden was pressing his left cheek on Ava's tummy.

"Mama, is our sister okay?"

Kayden asked.

"I think your sister is coming out. Would you call your dads, sweethearts?"

Ava said calmly to the boys, and immediately they ran inside the mansion to find Axel and Lawrence.

***