46. A Date

A Date

Author's POV

(at Axel's and Lawrence's mansion, Mon, September 11, 2023, after lunch)

Everyone was all ready to go home, and they were now outside the mansion. Ava was still on the top of the steps, talking to Emery and Olivia, and the men were patiently waiting, gathered outside the cars.

"Why don't we go out sometime? You know, to celebrate our newly founded friendship." _Xavier.

"We're friends now?' _Axel and Lawrence.

"Shouldn't we be?" _Alexander.

"The girls would love that." _Christopher.

"Great! Then how about next weekend?" _Xavier.

"You're the most excited, huh." _Lawrence.

"Of course. Who would have thought we would all become friends after so many years? We even have a group chat already." _Xavier.

"You're that happy, huh." _Axel.

"Of course, man!" _Xavier.

Xavier's enthusiasm affected the other men, and so they eventually agreed to meet on the weekends. But whether to bring the girls or not has not been decided yet. They had to talk to the girls first. They were actually excited.

Ava, Olivia, and Emery climbed down the steps and approached the men. Axel and Lawrence met her halfway, and the three faced their guests.

"Chris, Alexander, and Xavier thank you so much for helping Axel and Lawrence find me, especially you, Chris. I am really grateful. Olivia, thank you. Emery, thank you. Please take care of Chris for me."

Ava spoke, and he bowed to their new friends. Then she turned to the Mafia's bodyguards.

"To all of you, too. Thank you for helping to rescue me. I may just know some of you, but I really hope I'll get to know all of you more."

Ava also bowed to them, which caused everyone to be shocked, aside from Christopher, Axel, and Lawrence. They had seen Ava bow to their men for being grateful for something. The bodyguards thought that no woman, AS IN NO ONE, had ever bowed to them, especially the women their Mafia Dons had been with before. Alexander chuckled as Olivia did the same too, that time when Alexander and his men rescued her.

'They are really alike. So humble."

Alexander thought.

The bodyguards bowed lower to Ava as a sign of respect, especially since she is the woman of the two most powerful Mafias.

"Oli, Eme, I hope we can get together again soon."

Ava said, and the two other girls nodded excitedly. Soon, they were all on their way home.

***

The Five's plan to get together was postponed many times as business deals and security issues came to the men. Xavier had to travel back and forth to Italy and New York; Christopher had to be in Vegas and stay there for two weeks for his new club; Alexander had to deal with some security issues regarding Olivia's safety; and Axel and Lawrence got busy with new investors.

The girls had their own group chat, too. They would talk to each other often, saying how bored they were doing nothing. They also wanted to meet, but couldn't.

Emery had to go to Vegas with Christopher as he wouldn't want to leave her alone (more like Christopher didn't want to be away from Emery), so a security issue was the excuse. Christopher had to rest for a week, as per Emery's order. They talked about their situation, and Christopher somehow confessed. Yes, "somehow".