36. Out Of Here

Out Of Here

Axel's POV

(at Axel's and Lawrence's mansion, Sun, September 3, 2023, 20:00)

When Ava went out for lunch with Chris, Lawrence and I headed home. We were tensed when we left Ava with Christopher, but we had to do it for our woman. We needed to trust her, and she also needed peace of mind.

At around 4:00 pm today, I asked Mama Mina to prepare a big dinner in the garden. Lawrence and I planned to invite Christopher and his men for dinner. The Four kept informing us of what was happening with Ava and Christopher, and based on the reports, everything was well.

When they came home, we could see her relaxed expression. That was good. Christopher was about to go when I called him and informed him of the dinner. I could tell he was surprised by the invitation, but he didn't have a choice when Ava started pulling him. We smiled at her excitement. She's adorable.

We just finished our dinner and were now relaxing. Christopher, Lawrence, and I were at a table not so far away from Ava and the men. They were playing card games, and Ava was hyper. She also got along with Christopher's men, and all of them were enjoying.

I noticed Christopher looking at Ava lovingly. I didn't know why, but I felt terrible for him as much as I wanted to punch his face for looking at her like that. We already knew of his feelings even before he returned from Vegas, but him giving up on Ava was something Lawrence and I never expected. We thought he would fight back and give us hell, but he didn't.

"I didn't do it for you. I did it for Ava."

I was startled by Christopher's voice. Was I thinking out loud?

"I know what you're thinking. Why did I give up Ava and not take her back?"

He said, looking at Lawrence and me.

"So, why didn't you?"

Lawrence put his glass of scotch on the table and crossed his arms. He was relaxed—all of us, actually.

"I don't want her to feel guilty for me. It wasn't her fault she didn't know of my feelings. And to say that she was unaware of it really makes her a one-of-a-kind. She's not the kind to intentionally grab someone's attention for her gain. I have given her all my attention for the past five years, but she hasn't taken advantage of it. She could have grabbed everything from me if she were another woman."

"She wasn't the one to demand things. All she wanted was to gain knowledge and learn a lot. And in all those five years, she hasn't looked at me other than as a brother. It hurts, yes, but what can I do when I shamelessly fall in love with someone like her? I don't mind fighting against you. We never have been enemies. We are not friends, either. But I wouldn't want her in the middle of it. I wouldn't want to see her sad just because the people she loves are fighting over her.

My world fell apart when I saw her hurt when I hit Lawrence back then. That's when I realized she was deeply in love with both of you, and I wouldn't do anything to hurt her more. Besides, she was never mine to begin with."

He sighed. I felt sad for him. I knew I wouldn't be able to handle it if Ava chose to love another guy.

"May I know how you fell in love with her? Although we already know, we want to hear from you."

Lawrence said, leaning on the table and showing his interest.

"Would you believe me when I say I fell in love with her when she was thirteen? You might forget sometimes that we're ten years older than her. So falling in love with a much younger one seemed creepy."