20. First Kiss

First Kiss

(at Moore Estate, Sun, July 30, 2023, some time past 5:30)

Axel's POV

Her face when she heard the amount of her signing bonus was adorable. She's so cute.

Yes, about the signing bonus. No, we don't give out signing bonuses. So this is only for Ava. Don't ask me why I did that. I didn't know why.

To avoid other employees getting a whiff of it, we told her that everything about the contract and the bonus is strictly confidential. So she cannot tell a soul about it.

There are two more things I still need to do. It's about me being a Mafia King. I had been debating with myself whether to tell her or not. The other one is Christopher.

'Christopher and I are in the same boat. I don't need to be worried about whether Ava will choose the better one. We're both Mafias. It's about us both being possessive and loyal. We will only love one woman and be possessive. And we will do everything to not let go of that love.' I thought.

Yes, love. I am deeply in love with Ava. That one I am so sure of. I can't even deny it anymore.

My possessiveness started when we picked her up from her apartment building and saw those men lustfully looking at her. Then, it got stronger when Dumas tried to insult her.

Yes, he tried. He wasn't successful because Ava put him in his place. But after that, I just felt like holding her all the time. I needed to feel her close to me.

And that's one thing I know Christopher has in common with me.

He had been doing this annual charity event at Ava's orphanage for five years. He had been giving her books. He had been helping her learn different skills. And he had been attending every time.

No one was able to discover Ava's identity because of him.

I'm not scared of him. I can welcome a challenge. But it wouldn't be that easy. I know because we're just the same. I wonder how he would react, knowing we are both possessive toward the same girl.

Two loyal and possessive men fighting over a girl.

The only one who can stop this challenge is the same girl they're fighting over with. Ava.

Speaking of Ava. She's currently laughing at Lawrence's jokes. It's kind of weird that after the incident at the restaurant earlier, I didn't feel any amount of jealousy towards Lawrence.

And when they hooked their arms to each other when they entered the apartment building, it didn't cause me to feel jealous.

I was just tidying things up on my desk. I told Ava we would all have dinner together and bring her home afterward. But I'm still thinking about telling her about my other side before we leave the office.

Then, her phone rang.

She excused herself from Lawrence, and Lawrence came to me.

When she answered the call, we stilled. It was Christopher.

"Hi, Chris! How are you?" she said excitedly.

"Yeah, I'm fine too."

"I'm at my boss's office now. I had to come with them to find a new place and sign my employment contract today."

"Well, this place was huge and closer to my workplace, Chris. And I loved it."

We were not eavesdropping, but although her voice was low and soft, we could still hear her responses as it was quiet inside.