50. Rest Forever

Rest Forever

Author's POV

(at Moore Estate, Tue, December 5, 2023, 11:00)

Axel and Lawrence just finished their meeting. They were able to close another deal, and they should be happy, but they were more worried. The thought of Ava constantly filled their minds,

"I just want to go home now." _Lawrence.

They were now inside their office, and it all felt boring. Axel looked at the desk Ava occupied. He sighed.

"I know, brother. But we still have another meeting to attend later. After that, we can go home. We don't have to stay here until closing." _Axel.

Then, both their phones rang. It was a video call from Ava. They both quickly answered the call and sat on each of their seats.

"Hello, my loves!"

Ava said excitedly.

"Hey, Baby!"

"Hello, Angel!"

"Hi. I just wanted to check on you and tell you that I will be going out to the mall later." _Ava.

"We're not okay here, Baby. We want to go home already."

Lawrence said dramatically, with a pout on his face. He was caressing Ava's face on the screen.

"But, you know you can't. You still have another meeting in the afternoon, Babe."

"That's what I told him, Angel. However, I also want to go home already. But after the meeting, we will go straight home. We miss you so much."

"I miss you too, loves. Anyway, I'll have to go now. I'll be at the mall to buy something and then go home. I'll have Jackson and Marco and The Four with me. Don't worry about me, okay? I love you both."

Ava said, kissing each one on the screen.

"We love you, too, Angel."

"See you later, Baby."

Then, Ava ended the call, and the atmosphere became somber again.

"Okay, enough of this. Let's finish what we must do today and go home, okay, brother? Ava won't like it if we ditch our meeting later." _Axel.

"Yeah. But maybe we can meet here at the mall? We'll have lunch with her, then come back here." _Lawrence.

"Yep, already on it. Just sent a text to Jackson." _Axel.

"Yes!" _Lawrence.

Instantly, their faces were all happy with the thought of seeing Ava again. It was only a few hours since they left the house, but they couldn't get by without her in the office.

More than thirty minutes later, they were about to leave their office when their door opened. One of the few women left working in the company, Lisa, entered. Axel and Lawrence got confused and upset looks on their faces seeing her there. No one had ever entered their office unannounced. Talk about audacity.

"Hello, gentlemen. I see your assistant is not around."

Lisa said, looking at Ava's unoccupied desk and smirking.

"Our girlfriend."

Axel corrected with a clenched jaw.

"What are you doing here? And why did you get in without notice?"