33. Was It Fate?

Was It Fate?

Author's POV

(two weeks after)

Christopher had been trying to contact Ava, asking her to come and see him. He had been so distraught that Ava had ignored him. Christopher went to visit Ava's orphanage, talked to Ma Rosa, and told her that he had made a mistake and that Ava had been avoiding him.

Ma Rosa felt bad for Christopher as everyone in the orphanage knew his feelings for Ava. Still, Ava had been oblivious for five years. Though they were close, Ava had only considered him an older brother and had never indicated she felt anything romantic toward Christopher nor put malice with his actions.

"Ava has not visited the orphanage but has called many times to find out how things are and sent money to us. We didn't want to accept it, but Ava insisted, saying she would feel bad if we didn't," Ma Rosa told Christopher.

Christopher had no choice but to repeatedly scold himself for not holding back his temper, which caused Ava to slap and avoid him. After that night, Ava sent him a text message saying that he should give her space and she would contact him once she felt better.

***

Ava decided to get her dream tattoo done in the past two weeks. She spent the two weeks getting her tattoo done. Axel brought her to their tattoo artist.

When they got there, all the tattoo artists were drooling at her. Axel and Lawrence were glaring at them. Jessie, one of the artists, approached us. Jessie is one of the best. He's also a big, handsome guy full of tattoos and piercings. AND HE COULDN'T STOP staring at Ava.

"Eyes here, man."

Axel said in a cold tone, and Jessie chuckled.

"Damn. When you called to say you were bringing a girl over, I didn't think she would be this gorgeous."

Jessie said, checking Ava out. Ava wasn't even bothered by that comment. She showed no interest in his flirting.

"Should we go to another shop?"

Lawrence said, clearly irritated.

"Dude, I'm just messing with you. So, whose girl is this? Yours? Or yours?"

He asked, pointing his finger from Axel to Lawrence.

"Ours."

Axel and Lawrence answered, shocking Jessie and the others in the shop. Even the other male customers dropped their mouths open. Then, Jessie looked down.

"Very well, let's go."

He said, clearly scared to know that the woman they were drooling at was the Mafia men's woman. They knew not to mess with them. They were all aware of how powerful these two men were.

"So, what kind of tattoo are we doing? Do you need to see the designs or have your own?"

Jessie asked. He was now behind the counter to get his tools and ink.

"I have my own. I made the design myself."

Ava said confidently, but still with a soft voice, so quiet that you wouldn't even think how scary she is when she wants to.

Ava pulled the design out of a folder and gave it to Jessie. It was a colored design; she wanted the exact thing on her back.

"Wow. You drew this. You have good hands."