15. That's A First

That's A First

(at Axel Moore's residence, Sun, July 30, 2023, 07:28)

Axel's POV

After Lawrence intruded into my room last night, I couldn't sleep. I kept thinking about Ava. I didn't even realize when I'd fallen asleep, but it was definitely after a long while. My head hurt so bad because of lack of sleep.

"I want to see her. I need to see her!" fuck! I'm in too deep.

I grabbed my phone from my bedside table. I was to tell her she needed to come with us today to look for her new place. Yeah, it's an absurd excuse, but I need to see her, or else I'm going crazy!

Thank goodness, I saved her number yesterday. I quickly looked for her number and hit call.

 I quickly looked for her number and hit call

Her phone rang, but she didn't pick up. I texted her to answer the call, and then I did again-this time, she picked up.

When I heard her voice, I seemed to forget my tiredness. Her voice is so soothing and warm. Oh God! I didn't want to linger and get lost, so I told her what I wanted her to do and hung up.

My heart. Oh, my heart's beating fast. I touched my chest and caressed it. "Be still, my heart.", I said quietly. I let out a deep breath. I felt like my heart was going to explode at the moment. I took a few minutes to calm down. I went to the bathroom, took a quick bath, and went downstairs.

I reached the dining room. My breakfast was set, and Lawrence was already there, enjoying his breakfast. He looked up at me, and his expression changed.

"You didn't sleep.", he said and returned to eating.

I sighed. There's no point lying to him.

"I'm in deep shit.", I admitted. Really. I was in deep shit, and I couldn't comprehend whether it was good or bad, but I fell deep.

"No surprise there. I mean, don't get me wrong, and don't get upset, but she's one of a kind.', he told me straightforwardly.

"I think you're in love, Don.", he added. He had a severe expression on his face.

I couldn't even say a word. As much as I wanted to deny it, I thought he was right.

I brushed my hands to my face and leaned on them for a while. For the first time, I felt like I wouldn't know what to do. I'm scared. I'm afraid of what it would do to me. To her. To us.

I didn't know what to do. Should I give in to this feeling? Should I distance myself?

"We live in totally different worlds, Lawrence. And for fuck's sake, she's only 18. Ten years, Lawrence. Ten years. I don't give a fuck to the age difference, but... this life that I have... I don't know what to do... should I keep it from her? Should I expose her to it?" I was just rambling these questions out.