24.First Time

First Time
Axel's POV
(at Moore Estate, Mon, July 31, 2023, 16:30)

After our lunch, we headed back to the office and were back to being busy. Lawrence occasionally barged into the office for some documents, and Ava was all over her desk. I wasn't sure if Ava had noticed my glances, but she didn't look up even once. Thirty minutes later, I called Lawrence to go with me to the mall to buy Ava her dress for tonight. We didn't bring her as I thought I wanted it as a surprise, so she couldn't refuse or argue with me about my choice. After an hour, we arrived back at the office, and when we were about to turn to the elevator, I saw Ava with Roxanne and Lindsey.

Lawrence and I saw Ava become tense, and so we walked faster. As we came nearer, we saw. Roxanne pulled Ava back as she was about to enter the private elevator.

"Oh shit. This is not good."

Lawrence said. We stopped a few feet away, just enough to hear what they were talking about. They were oblivious to our presence, but the other employees staring at them saw us, and they all became quiet, waiting for us to do something. We heard their exchanges, and when we heard them accuse Ava that she might be sleeping with me, Lawrence moved to try to get the sluts away from her, but I stopped her. I also wanted the same but was eager to see how Ava would handle it. Ava defended herself, saying nothing had happened between us and insulted them back.

'Damn, this girl is so innocent-looking, but she's a fire at the same time.'

I thought to myself. I looked at Lawrence to see him smirking. Then, Roxanne called her a bitch and saw her raise her hand.

"Do it. I dare you!"

I said threateningly; my voice boomed in the lobby, making everyone flinch and look in my direction. I didn't bother dismissing the others as I wanted them to witness this. No one and I mean NO ONE, should dare touch or speak to my Angel like that. My jaws clenched, and my hands turned into fists when Roxanne didn't even bother letting down her filthy hand. Lindsey, on the other hand, panicked and almost burst into tears. She tried to get Roxanne to back away from Ava, but the fucking slut just glared at her.

"Mr. Moore. We were asking her if she would like to join us and come with us in the elevator, but she started insulting us, saying that she wouldn't want to be with us and saying we were dirty. She also told us to stay away from you even though we didn't do anything wrong. She was just like Riva. I don't understand why she's acting like that when this is only her first day here."

Wow. The bitch dared to lie. I glanced at Ava to see her expression, but My Angel just stood there with her arms across her chest, her left eyebrow raised, and a cute pout on her suckingly beautiful mouth. She didn't even try to deny what this bitch said. Well, she didn't even need to. We heard everything; I could have the CCTV footage pulled up even if we didn't.

"I'm not even going to ask if what you said was true. I have my own eyes and ears in here."

I said, pointing to the two cameras facing that side of the lobby. And yeah, the bitch turned red immediately and kneeled. She knows what I do with people of that attitude.

"Please, Mr. Moore, it was Lindsey's idea. She told me to do it. She was jealous of Avery and told me to scare her."

'Ahh, topping a lie with another.' I thought.

"You bitch! You were the one who planned this! I even tried to stop you, but you did anyway. You dragged me into this mess!"

She screamed and started attacking Roxanne by the hair. Before the catfight went wild, two of my bodyguards grabbed each one of them. I just bobbed my head to the two men, and they understood where to take them. Lawrence then faced everyone around us.