8. The Meeting

The Meeting

(at the Moore Estate, Sat, July 29, 2023, 13:46)

Axel's POV

Finally! We arrived after some grueling minutes on the road! The traffic was dreadful today, and I wonder why. Leo stopped by the entrance of the building. King got out of the car and opened the door for me. We were about to enter when suddenly my phone rang. I looked at it and saw it was Mama Mina. I chuckled. This woman is really into everything.

"Go ahead, I'll take up this call.", I said to Lawrence.

Leo drove to the parking lot while I stayed outside to talk to Mama Mina. After some time, I ended the call and headed towards the entrance. The guards saw me and immediately bowed and opened the doors for me.

I passed by the reception. Joe said his greetings and informed me about Miss Davis. He said Lawrence had already taken Miss Davis to my office. Wow, he's fast. I chuckled at my thoughts and just nodded towards Joe. I went to my private elevator, acknowledging some of my employees' greetings.

I entered the elevator when the doors opened and pressed the PS button. Yes, PS, as in Presidential Suite. It took a few minutes before the doors opened, and I went out of it. I turned left and walked straight to my office. Good God, Riva didn't come out of her office.

I opened my door and went inside. I saw Lawrence sitting comfortably on the couch in the living area of my office. When he saw me, he smiled. Widely. Ummm.. Why?

"Wow, that's a huge smile you got there. So I was informed Miss Davis was already here, and you led her here, but I don't see anyone else." yeah. The SOB is still smiling.

"Bro, the girl was beautiful!! A redhead! So fucking beautiful.", Wow! Smitten much?

"Really? All the girls you see are beautiful.", I answered, walking straight to my desk.

"Huh. Just wait till you see here, brother. I'm dying to see your reaction later!! HAHA "

I just ignored his teasing. But honestly, seeing this reaction from Lawrence makes me feel something.. and the butterflies in my stomach are back. What the hell?

It's 8 minutes to 2. Almost time! But she's not here yet. I heard the buzz when I was about to ask Lawrence where she went.

I was about to press the green button on my desk, but Lawrence was fast enough to get to the door. Hmmm.. Okay.

He got to the door and opened it. Oh, and that smile again on his face. Now, it's getting me curious. He opened the door widely and told the woman to come in. And when she emerged through the door, HOLY SHIT!!

I swear! I have never been this speechless in my entire life! Am I dead? Am I in heaven? Why am I seeing an angel? Like, what the fuck!?

I got lost in the moment. She was smiling at Lawrence while saying her thanks. And when he turned to look at me. Oh, GOD! I can die now. Really.

We locked our eyes to each other. Her eyes! I can see them! She has the most beautiful green eyes that I've ever seen! I am not exaggerating! Her red hair is flowing gracefully.

She put on a shy smile. OH MY FUCKING GOD! Am I hallucinating? Am I looking at this gorgeous woman? Are you sure I'm not dead? Cause she's a fucking angel!

***

Ava's POV

After finishing my bathroom business, I returned to the boss' office. I'm still nervous, but I have to do this. I need to stay calm. I need to be confident. Wooh, this is it.

I looked at the door. I saw there was a buzzer on the left side of the doorframe. Lawrence pointed at it earlier when he told me to come right after.

I pressed on it and waited. I would like to know if I pressed the right button or if I should have just knocked. I was about to knock on the door when it suddenly opened. It revealed Lawrence with his beautiful smile. I smiled back at him while he told me to come in.

When I entered, I had to return to him to say thanks. I turned towards the other person at the desk to express my greetings, but when I did, HOLY COW!!

Sorry, I'm not seeing a cow. What I'm looking at now is the most good-looking creature I've ever seen! Is he like a god or something?

I didn't want to feel stupid by opening my mouth, so I just kept a small smile. Calm down, Ava. He's a human. But gosh, he looks like a god!

His gorgeous face! His hair! Oh God! He's got long hair! He tied it in a bun, but damn! He looks fictional! His eyes! His blue eyes are so beautiful!

***

Axel's POV

My thoughts were brutally interrupted by this asshole here. Trust me, this time, I want to kill him.

"Miss Davis, this is Axel Moore, owner and CEO of Moore Estate. Axel, this is Miss Avery Davis. She's the one applying for the PA position."

Lawrence introduced us to each other. And yeah, with a smirk on his goddamn face. I bet he's enjoying seeing my reaction now.

And just like that, I was pulled back to my senses when she spoke.

"Umm. Nice to meet you, Mr. Moore", she said with the softest voice I have ever heard in my entire life!

Can I just tell her she's hired already? FUCK!! What am I doing? I'm the CEO! And a fucking MAFIA DON!! Why do I feel like melting now?

I saw she extended her right hand to me for a handshake. Her hand. So small. It's going to fit well on my own.

I took her hand and I SWEAR! She has the softest and smoothest hand I have ever touched! Like everything about her is the first time I experienced it!

I felt a shiver run down my body when my hand touched hers, and at that moment, I just wanted to hold, grab, and engulf her in my arms. Okay, calm down, Axel. You're the CEO! You're a Mafia Don!

***

Ava's POV

Lawrence introduced us to each other. I extended my hands to him for a handshake, and when he took my hand, I felt goosebumps all over my body. Thank God, I'm wearing a blazer right now, or it would have been so obvious.

Gosh, what is this feeling? I felt like holding his hand for a long time. Oh gosh, Ava. What are you even thinking about? Breathe in, breathe out.

.🖤 to be continued 🖤