22. Spectacular!

Spectacular!

Axel's POV

(at Axel Moore's residence, Mon, July 31, 2023, 07:00 - 09:00)

Today is the first official day of Ava working as my personal assistant. I have been eagerly anticipating this day since our initial meeting. Although we have spent the last two days together, today is different as Ava will officially work for me.

I woke up an hour ago and headed out to the balcony. Despite my excitement for today, I felt anxious.

Last night, after dropping Ava off at her home, I started feeling a strange sensation that I couldn't quite understand. I knew it wasn't because of Ava but something else I couldn't identify, and it made me uneasy.

– FLASHBACK –

As we were driving, we passed a wall of trees outside my property, and I caught a glimpse of the massive gates of my mansion. We were very close to arriving home.

As I was sitting there, my phone suddenly rang. I glanced over at the caller ID, and my expression immediately changed. I could feel my anger and frustration building up inside me as I saw who was calling.

"Why is this fucker calling me?"

I exclaimed loudly. My hands were clenched tightly into fists, and my jaw muscles tightened. Sitting next to me, Lawrence noticed my reaction and glanced at my phone to see who was calling. Napoleon Dumas.

"Answer it. Let's hear what he wants to say."

Lawrence said calmly. I took a deep breath, answered the call, and put it on loudspeaker.

"What the fuck do you want?"

I spat at him, letting him know I did not appreciate him bothering me at this hour.

By this time, we were already inside my property, and King was already pulling up in front of the main door of my mansion.

"Axel Moore. I don't think we're done yet, thanks to your lovely fucking assistant."

He said, laughing with his fucking French accent. The motherfucker dared to laugh and talked about Ava.

"Don't you fucking dare talk about her, you asshole! What the fuck do you want?"

I asked again! He's testing my patience. Leo and King stood by the car while Lawrence faced me and listened to the conversation.

"Well, I think what I want can wait. Your assistant is so fucking lovely, Moore. I wonder why she's not sleeping yet. She's on the balcony, still looking beautiful even in her pajamas."

My eyes widened, and I immediately looked up at Lawrence. He quickly ordered the men to return to the car, and Leo and King were alert and followed suit. The man laughed again.

'What the hell? Is he outside Ava's apartment?' I thought.

"If you ever lay a hand even to a single strand of her hair, I swear, I will turn the world upside down to find you, you son of a bitch!"

This time, I was screaming! King stepped on the gas, and the rest followed behind us. I didn't even care if we were all tired now. I just wanted to get back there and make sure she's alright.

"I am thinking of knocking on her door and joining her."

He said again.

"FUCK YOU ASSHOLE!"