52. Red Hair

Red Hair

Author's POV

(at Axel's and Lawrence's mansion, Tue, December 5, 2023, afternoon)

Leo entered the room when Axel and Lawrence were about to start meeting with their newest investor. Everyone was shocked by the hasty interruption, but Leo didn't mind the glare from the people inside.

Leo quickly walked to Axel and Lawrence, and they saw the urgency and worry on his face. They swiftly sped out of the room when he told them what happened.

They didn't mind leaving their investor in the room and didn't care about the consequences of it as they ran down the emergency exits. Their employees were shocked to see their urgency as they approached the lobby and the entrance. They immediately got into their vehicles, and King immediately drove off.

"How's Ava?"

Axel asked. He and Lawrence were anxious, but they were trying to be calm as much as possible.

"Jackson said she was panicking. They didn't tell her, but Miss Ava seemed to know. The dogs were frantic and wouldn't let the men get to her." _Leo.

"Where is she?" _Lawrence.

"They were in the backyard at Mama Mina's garden. That's where Niko and Daniel found her Boss."

"Have they checked the CCTVs?" _Axel.

"Not yet, Don. They were still trying to get Miss Ava out of there." _Leo.

"Step on it, King." _Lawrence.

They were almost home a few minutes later when Leo received another message.

"Shit. Hurry up, King. Miss Ava is hysterical." _Leo.

"Fuck." _Lawrence.

"Shit. Tell the men to be careful with her. If something happens to her, I swear I'm going to kill all of you!"

Axel threatened. Though he knew it wasn't their fault, the thought that Mama Mina died inside their house could only mean that Ava was in danger, too.

King finally pulled over in front of the mansion's entrance, and Axel and Lawrence didn't wait for the car to stop entirely. They jumped out and rushed inside. They heard Ava's screams as they passed by the living room, and just when Axel and Lawrence reached the kitchen, they saw Ava fall into Marco's arms.

"Ava!"

Axel and Lawrence exclaimed and immediately ran to her. Lawrence took her from Marco, and Axel called her Gynecologist.

"Get her to our room."

Axel told Lawrence, and Lawrence immediately obeyed, and the dogs followed behind. As soon as he left, Axel turned to their men.

"What the fuck happened? Why did she faint?"

Axel snapped, almost losing his control.

"I'm sorry, Don. She was hysterical and panicking. She thought Luisa had something to do with Mama Mina's death. We didn't tell her at first, but Don, I couldn't keep it from her. She already had the feeling." _Marco.

"Luisa? Who's Luisa?" _Axel.

"Don, she's the new maid. She got here a week ago. She was the one with me today when we served your breakfast." _Beth.

"That creepy woman? Where is Mama Mina?" _Axel.

"She's still outside, Don. We couldn't get her out there because we couldn't leave Miss Ava or risk her seeing Mama Mina. I'm so sorry, Don. She was already dead when we got there." _Niko.