10. You're Hired!

You're Hired!

(at the Moore Estate, Sat, July 29, 2023, 14:57)

Lawrence's POV

I was amused looking at the two people in front of me. I admit I liked Ava the moment I set my eyes on her, but seeing these two now, I know that they are both smitten with each other. I can't stop smiling, knowing these two are now trying to question themselves.

"Oh, this is gonna be good.", I thought.

I couldn't stand it anymore. I had to stand up and stop these two from acting like stupid fools.

I tapped Ava's shoulder gently and said.

"Yes, Miss Davis. You're hired!".

The happiness Ava felt at that moment was unbearable! She had to stand up and ask again.

"For real?! "she was jumping a little now.

"HAHA, yes, Miss Avery. For real.', I responded, looking at her smiling face. She's so cute.

"Axel, when does she start?" I asked the moron, who just kept staring at her. Like seriously? Is this the man I call my Don?

"Huh?" Axel asked, totally confused. My hands went directly to my face. Can I just hit him one time? Just this time, please.

"When do you want her to start? Who trains her? Where's her office?" If he's not my Don, I have spanked him already.

"Ahh, right. Ahem. Umm, would you be able to start on Monday? And since we don't have an office for you now, you'll be working here in my office. We can set a table first, just until we finish fixing your office.", he said.

Wow. Really? In his office? Smooth asshole.

"Umm yeah.. I think so. "This time, Ava blushed a little. "What time do I go here on Monday?" she added.

I had to step in now. If I let these two talk, we will finish tomorrow.

"Miss Davis, our work starts at 9 am and goes to 8 pm. You will have two hours of paid lunchtime. Most people here leave at 9 pm, but that's optional. They usually stop working or finish at 8, then use the remaining hour to freshen up or do something else before going home.

As to what Axel said earlier, in the meantime, you will be stationed here in his office; I will have someone prepare your table for you. Since you are training to be his PA, it's a good idea to stay here for a while so you can get acquainted with Axel's needs faster. You will also have to make sure you come here before him. Make sure everything is ready before he arrives. Don't worry. I will assist you sometimes as I am also Axel's right hand. Do you have any questions?" I asked her after explaining some things.

"Umm, yeah. What's the dress code?" she asked, probably bothered by Riva's outfit earlier. She thinks she's hot, but damn.

Seeing Ava right now in her choice of clothes, Ava is just hot as hell. But I have to stop thinking about her that way now. I certainly know who she belongs to.

"Your choice of clothes is excellent. It's not like the one you saw earlier. We do not encourage revealing clothes here as it might attract negative actions towards co-workers. But Riva is just Riva. She doesn't care about it. She's a pain in the ass. ", I said.

She just chuckled and said, "Okay, I see. Thanks." "Oh, by the way, you guys can just call me Ava.", she added.

I looked at Axel to see what he thought of it, and then he nodded. The asshole still can't say a word out.

"Okay then, Ava. See you on Monday. You can go now.", I said, dismissing Ava because this one asshole here seems not to know what to say.

"Okay. Thank you again so much, Sir Lawrence. Mr. Moore, thank you.", she said, smiling widely. She took her purse and turned towards the door. She started walking to it, pulled the door open, and walked out, carefully closing it.

.🖤 to be continued 🖤