48. A Bun In The Oven

A Bun In The Oven

Author's POV

(at the hospital, Mon, December 4, 2023, in the afternoon)

Axel and Lawrence went out of the doctor's office with beaming smiles on their faces. They approached their men who looked at them confused. Leo, King, Jackson, and Marco met them halfway.

"Don, Boss. Is everything okay?"

Leo asked in a low voice. Axel and Lawrence looked at each other, still smiling, then glanced back to their men.

"Yes, everything is fine!"

Axel said, not letting the cat out of the bag... yet. He and Lawrence decided to keep the news for now and let Ava tell it herself.

They sat back down in the lobby, waiting for further instructions. Then after a few minutes, the nurse called them and told them that Ava was already awake. They immediately stood up and went into Ava's room.

When they got in, they saw Ava leaning back on the headboard. She looked up at them, worried.

"What happened?"

She asked, then Axel and Lawrence got on each of her sides.

"Baby, you fainted. How do you feel now?"

"I think I'm okay."

"Does your head still ache, Angel?"

"No."

Axel and Lawrence were sitting on her bed, looking at her.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to lash out at you. I don't know why but I just felt irritated all of a sudden. Please don't be mad at me."

Ava said looking down. She held Axel's and Lawrence's hands. The two men looked at each other and then at her.

"Angel, we're not mad at you. Actually, we are so sorry that you had to see those photos. Those were all in the past and we know why she did that."

"And Baby, please. Whatever happens, we will not do anything to hurt you. We promise that. Whatever happened in the past, we were done with them, Everything changed when we met you. You're the only woman in our hearts."

"I know. I also know that I am not the one to lash out and be affected by it, I just don't understand why I am acting like this."

"I think we know, Angel."

Axel said. Ava looked up to them and saw her men both had smiles on their faces.

"What do you mean?"

Ava asked.

"Oh, Baby. This is the best birthday ever."

"And though it isn't my birthday anymore, I feel like it's mine, too, Angel."

"What are you talking about?"

Ava got more confused. She was starting to get irritated again, but she composed herself. Then, the doors to her room opened. The doctor came in with a pleasant smile.

"Good afternoon, Miss Davis. How are you doing?"

The doctor asked, approaching her bed. Axel went to Lawrence's side to make way for the doctor.

"I think I'm fine. Doctor, what happened? Why did I faint?"

The doctor looked at the men on the other side of the bed, instantly understanding they hadn't told her yet. Axel and Lawrence nodded at him.