34. Sleepyhead

Sleepyhead

Author's POV

(continuation)

In the last two sessions, Jessie had to have another artist, Martin, with him to ensure the colors were appropriately inked, especially the luminous ones. Since there were two artists, Axel and Lawrence had no choice but to let Ava lie on the padded massage table. However, the Mafia men did not leave the artists with Ava alone. They were hovering over them with very keen, watchful eyes.

When they were done, Martin and Jessie were proud of their work. Jessie asked if he could take a picture of the finished product for advertisement purposes. Axel and Lawrence agreed but took the photo themselves, not trusting Jessie even an ounce. Lawrence grabbed Jessie's phone from him and snapped a shot; then Axel had to make sure that nothing more than Ava's back tattoo was in the frame.

Axel and Lawrence bought all the necessary creams and moisturizers for Ava's back to heal quickly

Axel and Lawrence bought all the necessary creams and moisturizers for Ava's back to heal quickly. She was so proud of herself for achieving her dream, but Axel and Lawrence were a lot prouder of her. They all had matching tattoos now.

***

(at Axel's and Lawrence's mansion, Sat, September 2, 2023, 16:00)

Axel and Lawrence left after lunch to meet another client. They decided to leave Ava at the mansion because Ava's back had been itching due to the healing process of her tattoo.

Ava was sitting on the garden bench, scrolling through her phone. She remembered to check on her messages, which she had purposely avoided doing for the past two weeks. Ava saw Christopher's messages. She sighed. She was so upset with him, but she also missed him.

She sent him a message to meet her at a restaurant tomorrow for lunch, to which he replied immediately. Christopher said he would be there. Ava was wondering how she would inform Axel and Lawrence about the meeting. She was sure they wouldn't agree or insist on coming.

"Angel."

"Hi, Baby!"

Speak of the devils; the devils will come.

"Hey."

She said, standing up from the bench and coming to meet them with kisses and hugs.

"Missed us?"

Axel said, smiling at Ava's gesture.

"Nope!"

Ava replied teasingly. Axel and Lawrence laughed at her.

Then Ava sat back on the bench, suddenly silent. Axel and Lawrence looked at each other, confused by her sudden silence. They sat down on the bench beside Ava and asked her what was wrong.