17. That Was Awkward

That Was Awkward

(somewhere down the road, Sun July 30, 2023, sometime between 10:00 - 11:00)

Axel's POV

"You look very nice." My evil thoughts were immediately thrown away when I heard Ava in her super sweet voice.

I looked at her, and I didn't know what to say. I could feel Leo's and Lawrence's stare, and my face heated up.

I cleared my throat and replied, "Thanks. You look... You.. Ahem, sorry. You look amazing."

That wasn't very smooth. If Ava weren't here, I would have punched myself for stuttering!

She giggled. Oh God! Those giggles were music to my ears. "Thanks!"

"I didn't know you have tattoos.", she added, looking at my right arm.

"Umm yeah! I had my first tattoo when I was 18.", I said calmly.

I didn't know why, but I feared how she might react. I was trying my best to impress her.

Will she say she hates it? Does she not like people with tattoos? Will she think I'm a horrible person? Will she think I'm some kind of a gangster?

Well, I'm a gangster. Just the king gangster, though.

"I like it. I was thinking of having one on me, too. It's been my dream to have a tattoo. I used to draw some designs in the orphanage and made a mental note that once I turned 18, I would have one. But I don't know where to go.".

OH SHIT! My Angel is incredible! Who would have thought that a girl like her would appreciate tattoos? I'm going to take her to a friend of mine. The best tattoo artist!! I will make your dreams come true, My Angel.

"If I may ask, what would you like to have?" I asked.

"I want a wolf—a female Alpha. A Luna." she giggled with her answer, looking down at her folded hands on her lap.

HOLY SHIT!

Lawrence suddenly looked back, and I thought his head might snap off his neck. We looked at each other. He was just as shocked as I am. I also saw Leo's eyes widen, staring at her through the rearview mirror.

'Fuck! Holy fuck! I have a wolf tattoo on my back. It's an Alpha. And everyone knows that!

Everyone had seen it. It's an Alpha with luminous blue eyes!

My God! This is fucking crazy! I composed myself, trying my best not to let out a curse.

"Why a wolf?" I asked. Curiosity and excitement suddenly engulfed my head and heart.

"Promise me you won't laugh, okay?" she giggled and then continued," In the orphanage, when I didn't have anything to do, I would spend my afternoons in the garden." she paused and looked out the window.

"I would read some novels. My friend bought me those books because he knows I love reading. I had three books about werewolves.", she continued.

'Hmm.. A friend? A he? I wonder who that friend is.', I thought to myself.

"I don't know much about werewolves. I don't even believe they're true," she added, looking at me quickly.

She looked outside the window again, "But, reading those novels, I realized something.

Werewolves don't have to be true. It's something that you can feel inside you. Now, I am a rogue. They didn't kick me out, but I'm on my own now. I don't have a pack. I don't belong to someone. I don't have anyone to call my own." she sighed.